Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Torn ACL

Ahhhh-Fooey. The docs told me when I got out that I'll never run again, and I probably shouldn't, but if I did what the docs said, I wouldn't do much at all. I play softball, basketball, and snow-board. I've had some problems here and there but I'm still walking. Oh yeah, and I deliver the friggin mail too.

There are other ligaments holding the leg together. LCL, MCL, and one on the back, which i believe is the PCL. I cannot lock my leg out, but can walk pain free with a slight limp. I couldnt believe it myself, cause I saw how my cousin reacted to his ACL tear, but it didnt hurt a bit. I actually got back up, and didn't think anything was wrong until I collapsed a second time. There was very little difference in stability between my 2 knees, which the doc said was due to the strength of my quads. At first the doc thought sprain too, but reccomended an MRI to be safe, luckily. Im hoping with some agressive rehab, I too can be going again in 2 months or so.

There is no AS that will speed up your recovery, take it slow. Had my acl reconstructed 5 years ago. You will be back in the gym in a couple of weeks, and sooner for PT. Had meniscus tear operated on 2 years ago.. Knee is now close to 100%. In most cases, the knee will never be 100% again.

Bulldog - The acl is the main ligament in the knee which prevents hyperextension. Ta63 is exactly right about the other stuff holding the knee together. People who have this surgery either tear it completely or damn close..

I have my acl surgery on video, pretty cool stuff seeing the scopes in your knee. Although when they take the scope out and reveals your whole knee skin peeled back. it makes for some interesting viewing.

Canseco said:
There is no AS that will speed up your recovery, take it slow. Had my acl reconstructed 5 years ago. You will be back in the gym in a couple of weeks, and sooner for PT. Had meniscus tear operated on 2 years ago.. Knee is now close to 100%. In most cases, the knee will never be 100% again.

Bulldog - The acl is the main ligament in the knee which prevents hyperextension. Ta63 is exactly right about the other stuff holding the knee together. People who have this surgery either tear it completely or damn close..

I have my acl surgery on video, pretty cool stuff seeing the scopes in your knee. Although when they take the scope out and reveals your whole knee skin peeled back. it makes for some interesting viewing.

I know about the design of the knee...what I don't understand is, what the hell is stopping his tibia from sliding anteriorly every time he takes a step? Sure the other ligs will help prevent the tibia from sliding posteriorly or laterally...but anteriorly?

listen to canseco he knows what he's talking about. i've had 5 surgeries on my left knee 3 acl and my medial meniscus torn to shreds, about two months ago i got a meniscus transplant (donors meniscus) and a brand new ACL. your ACL is no sweat to rehab i didnt have an ACL for over a year and didnt have that many problems. Only thing you have to emphasize is taking it slow as possible and if you ever want to do what you once did take care of your self. And if you are like me you would consider playing sports.

listen to CANSECO he knows what he's talking about. i've had 5 surgeries on my left knee 3 acl's and my medial meniscus torn to shreds, about two months ago i got a medial meniscus transplant (donors meniscus) and a brand new ACL. i didnt walk for six weeks because of the Meniscus transplant. your ACL is never going to be the same so dont beleive any of the bullshit people tell you i struck out twice with new ACL's and don't plan on doing it again. your ACL is no sweat to rehab i didnt have an ACL for over a year and didnt have that many problems. Only thing you have to emphasize is taking it slow as possible and if you ever want to do what you once did take care of your self. And if you are like me you would consider playing sports.

Top Bottom