Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any hockey players?

Quinskic

Hey, I'm looking hockey players who could help me out making myself a good hockey-specialized workout to help me take some muscle-weight without getting too slow. I just need examples of some workouts to get a glimpse of how many sets, what kind of splits and how many reps to do. Thanks

youll get more repsonses if you post this on the training board!!
M/W/F include the big 3 lifts squat bench and deads..
these are work sets you need to warm up to get to the working sets
Mon:
squat 2x5
hacks 2x5
leg press 2x5
calves 2x10

wed
flat bench 2x6
Incline 2x6
d-bell press 2x6
skulls 2x6

Fri
Deadlifts 2x5
BB Rows 2x4
Pull ups 2xas many as you can ( if more than 10 add weight)
BB Curls 2x6

For hockey I didn't really focus on strengthening. Most of my time was spent on building up my endurance.

WINDSPRINTS are your friend! Do as many as you can until you puke. Rest, then do it again.

Medicine ball workouts are great for keeping up your flexibility and coordination.

Welcome to the wonderful sport of ice hockey. :)

cardio goes without saying for hockey..but you had better get stronger!! if your strong on your feet and some throws a check into you but they go down and not you who do you think expended more energy??that type of stamna is built through a strong core squats deads and ab work

Checking is not all about strength.

strengthen your lower back thats for damn sure, mine was alwasy sore, and yes balance is probably more importnat than strength, but ensure to incorporate both...it more depends on your position?? do you play center, wing, defense?

dirty~d~ said:
Checking is not all about strength.
sorry sweety..how long did you play hockey for? If i remeber womens hockey youre not allowd to check? I played from the age of 5 till 22, in prep school as well as in canada..I have been teammates with many players currently in the NHL and if you dont think they work on strength youre sadly mistaken..I am not trying to put you down but strength is a major part of all sports..hence the reason many have strength coaches in te offseason..

TRUEsoldier said:
strengthen your lower back thats for damn sure, mine was alwasy sore, and yes balance is probably more importnat than strength, but ensure to incorporate both...it more depends on your position?? do you play center, wing, defense?

I play defense

wnt2bBeast said:
sorry sweety..how long did you play hockey for? If i remeber womens hockey youre not allowd to check? I played from the age of 5 till 22, in prep school as well as in canada..I have been teammates with many players currently in the NHL and if you dont think they work on strength youre sadly mistaken..I am not trying to put you down but strength is a major part of all sports..hence the reason many have strength coaches in te offseason..

Sorry sweety, but I've been playing men's hockey for 10 years. I never said they didn't need to work on strength. You had already posted about strength training and I didn't feel like wasting my time repeating it. You mentioned nothing about cardio so I added to it. At the time I started playing hockey I had been lifting for a year so strength was not something I really needed to focus on at that time... which is why I used I in my post.

In regards to checking... I'm only 5-5 128lbs and I've put guys who are close to 6' 180lbs on the ice (yes, it hurts to hit them when they are that big)... strength is important, but it's not everything.

dirty~d~ said:
Sorry sweety, but I've been playing men's hockey for 10 years. I never said they didn't need to work on strength. You had already posted about strength training and I didn't feel like wasting my time repeating it. You mentioned nothing about cardio so I added to it. At the time I started playing hockey I had been lifting for a year so strength was not something I really needed to focus on at that time... which is why I used I in my post.

In regards to checking... I'm only 5-5 128lbs and I've put guys who are close to 6' 180lbs on the ice (yes, it hurts to hit them when they are that big)... strength is important, but it's not everything.
slew foot no doubt lol j/k..honestly i think women should play in their own league..lol now im not slamming you and dont slam me but in seriosuly competetive hockey (which is where i played) girls/women really do not belong..im talking about division one and major Jr A in canada..yes i know Mrs Rheameau tried for the lightning ( but keep in mind shes a goalie) shes is not going to be running into someone 200 plus lbs

Top Bottom