Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NHL is back in Action

bluepeter said:
I call bullshit on that. That's Bettman's convoluted reckoning and even if it were true, does not take into account the damage this debacle caused. The NHL has never had a major television deal in the US and it certainly won't any time soon after this shit. If Bettman is saying they saved themselves money on this, he's even more asinine than I thought.
There were several teams on the brink of bankruptcy....They have said publicly if the season when on in its current state they would be no more. I believe Buffalo was one of those teams.

beastboy said:
I didn't think you liked hockey. I thought you only enjoyed sports with balls....preferably off of your chin.
thats the funniest thing ive heard in long time lololololololol

beastboy said:
There were several teams on the brink of bankruptcy....They have said publicly if the season when on in its current state they would be no more. I believe Buffalo was one of those teams.

Good. Get rid of half the teams. The product sucks. I love hockey and the current state of the game makes me angry. The NHL expanded recklessly to try and play with the big boys when they don't have the fan base. They got hosed as a result and turned that hose on you fine folks as fans. What a crock.

Half the teams in the league should not exist. They are a drain on the revenue producing franchises and they dilute the product with all the stiffs filling out their rosters that should be playing in Flin Flon.

beastboy said:

Edmonton was done as well.

You have to look at it this way, the NHL is a gate driven league and there is no way they could carry on the way it was. The owners can only blame themselves but the players were WAY over payed compared to revenues that come in.

Compare the NFL, all bills are paid by other revenue(TV, merchandise) before 1 person buys a ticket to a game yet the NHL boys made more and had guaranteed contracts.

The owners can blame themselves for this but at least now the league has a chance.

The Bigdawg said:
Well believe it or not the league itself apparanlty lost less money by not playing this year then they would have by playing.

Key is they lost money. Players lost a lot of money too. Not to mention stadium owners, stadium vendors, tv networks, etc.

Which begs the question -- imagine the BETTER deal these players could've gotten if the league HADN'T lost that money, and they didn't have their one year of no-pay sitting alongside this new "deal".

Strikes shut off the revenue stream for everyone. It is NEVER a good deal. Especially a strike for this long.

Razorguns said:
Key is they lost money. Players lost a lot of money too. Not to mention stadium owners, stadium vendors, tv networks, etc.

Which begs the question -- imagine the BETTER deal these players could've gotten if the league HADN'T lost that money, and they didn't have their one year of no-pay sitting alongside this new "deal".

Strikes shut off the revenue stream for everyone. It is NEVER a good deal. Especially a strike for this long.

I hear ya, the only people I feel for are the ones who worked concessions, local sports bars etc, they really suffered, some losing their jobs and unable to pay bills because of a bunch of spoiled owners and players.

What are the Canadians gonna do with their black armbands, now that mourning is over?

beastboy said:
I didn't think you liked hockey. I thought you only enjoyed sports with balls....preferably off of your chin.
:lmao: You must spread some Karma around before giving it to beastboy again.

P.S. Detroit sucks ass!

P.P.S. Dawgy you know this means I am buying your little one a leafs jersey in celebration. :)

Top Bottom