Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NHL is back in Action

no more expansion. in fact, they need to liquidate some of these struggling franchises. put that talent back into the existing teams.

bluepeter said:
What major TV contract has the NHL ever had with a major US network? They can't compete when the NBA and NFL are reaping billions from their TV deals. The NHL is small potatoes and have made themselves smaller with this fiasco and an inferior product on the ice.

The NHL has (well had i think) a big contract with ESPN...and many smaller contracts with local sports and tv stations.

All the money lost will have to be recouped somehow. The rules of business don't change.

expect ticket price increases (if not this season, then the next)
adminsitrative layoffs
vendor price increases
deceased salaries for new signups
new fees for farm clubs
lobbying for handouts from state/governments
etc. etc.

Many people will lose their jobs or get pay-cuts as a result of this. Not the "deal", but 1 year w/o revenue. Imagine airlines taking a year off.

this is pissin' me off. what do people want? games where they score 25 fucking goals?? it's hockey, not football, not basketball. defense can be taught to anyone who wants to work hard. you are not going to get the same results with teaching offense. defense is what can take a team with no superstars and make them viable. wtf? widen the goal, move the goal further out, shrink the goaltender, eliminate the goaltender..........leave it the fuck alone already. that motherfucker gary bettman ruined hockey enough. fighting has been completely eliminated, and i see 1 or 2 good hits a game now. i hate you gary. you fucking fuck.

HumanTarget said:
this is pissin' me off. what do people want? games where they score 25 fucking goals?? it's hockey, not football, not basketball. defense can be taught to anyone who wants to work hard. you are not going to get the same results with teaching offense. defense is what can take a team with no superstars and make them viable. wtf? widen the goal, move the goal further out, shrink the goaltender, eliminate the goaltender..........leave it the fuck alone already. that motherfucker gary bettman ruined hockey enough. fighting has been completely eliminated, and i see 1 or 2 good hits a game now. i hate you gary. you fucking fuck.
i agree. but taking the red line out would definetly make it mor interesting.

Top Bottom