Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NHL is back in Action

Razorguns said:
So the league was in HORRIBLE FINANCIAL SHAPE, 2 years ago. ...

Then the strike occured, and everyone lost HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS more as a result. Both sides.

So now HOW EXACTLY are they in a better financial position as a result??? How are they able to reach financial agreements now, with supposedly even bigger losses tacked on -- as opposed to before, when they didn't have these losses.

If they incurred, say $300 million in losses cuz of the strike -- why didn't they just add this $300 million to the players on day 1 of negotiations and bypass the strike altogether.

There are some real morons at the negotiating table here, masquerading as legit business folks.

Usually both sides become financially weaker, and drift further apart AFTER a strike, than before it. The financial logic at work here is puzzling.

It's like being in debt -- so you take a year off work -- and go back and tackle your "new" debt. Which has now increased even more.

Exactly. Plus, they've further weakened their already anemic influence in the US market. They are a small player on the makor sports league stage yet they continue to act as if they are equivalent to football and basketball. Not in a million years, especially when they trot out the shit they have been for the past decade.

Razorguns said:
So the league was in HORRIBLE FINANCIAL SHAPE, 2 years ago. ...

Then the strike occured, and everyone lost HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS more as a result. Both sides.

So now HOW EXACTLY are they in a better financial position as a result??? How are they able to reach financial agreements now, with supposedly even bigger losses tacked on -- as opposed to before, when they didn't have these losses.

If they incurred, say $300 million in losses cuz of the strike -- why didn't they just add this $300 million to the players on day 1 of negotiations and bypass the strike altogether.

There are some real morons at the negotiating table here, masquerading as legit business folks.

Usually both sides become financially weaker, and drift further apart AFTER a strike, than before it. The financial logic at work here is puzzling.

It's like being in debt -- so you take a year off work -- and go back and tackle your "new" debt. Which has now increased even more.

Well believe it or not the league itself apparanlty lost less money by not playing this year then they would have by playing.

When I read this earlier today it made me just blissful. This is most certainly a highlight of my day. I was pissed that I couldn't go to any Wild games last year. It's really a fun time!!

Raina said:
When I read this earlier today it made me just blissful. This is most certainly a highlight of my day. I was pissed that I couldn't go to any Wild games last year. It's really a fun time!!

I knew you were good for something.

Wootoom said:
i know. good point whats Ken Holland going to do about that situation
CuJo = gone
Dave Lewis = gone
Shanahan = possibly gone
Yzerman = retire
Chris Osgood = Wearing a Wings Jersey again
Lang = Hopefully remains
Hull = already gone

Holland saw this coming...he is going to get rid of all of the old guys and keep the young ones.

Ticket prices will probably drop in most markets with the exception of Detroit, Colorado, Toronto....

they had no choice, had they gone another season without playing they would have all been done. they shoulda brought in scabs last year.

beastboy said:
CuJo = gone
Dave Lewis = gone
Shanahan = possibly gone
Yzerman = retire
Chris Osgood = Wearing a Wings Jersey again
Lang = Hopefully remains
Hull = already gone

Holland saw this coming...he is going to get rid of all of the old guys and keep the young ones.

Ticket prices will probably drop in most markets with the exception of Detroit, Colorado, Toronto....

Larionov, in

The Bigdawg said:
Well believe it or not the league itself apparanlty lost less money by not playing this year then they would have by playing.

I call bullshit on that. That's Bettman's convoluted reckoning and even if it were true, does not take into account the damage this debacle caused. The NHL has never had a major television deal in the US and it certainly won't any time soon after this shit. If Bettman is saying they saved themselves money on this, he's even more asinine than I thought.

The Bigdawg said:
Strike is over, deal is done, just has to be ratified. About fucking time,now life can return back to normal here come fall time.

The next time I see a player I wanna ask them how it feels to be fucked up the ass with a hot pocker the way Goodenow did to them.
:arty: :elephant: :beer: :dance2: :garza: :jump: :lil k: :qt:

Top Bottom