Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I on the right track?

Mr.CSFF

I just wan't to post my workout routine and diet and was hoping to get a little feed back to see if im doing everything right. I wan't to get bigger and more ripped.

Workout Routine

Sunday: Legs
Monday: Chest and back
Tuesday: Biceps and triceps
Wednesday: Shoulders and traps

Thursday Friday Saturday: Little bit of push ups and ab crunches, i also try and do abs every other day

Diet

Every morning i have 2 eggs on a half bagel with cheese and a glass of whole chocolate milk. For lunch i bring to work a bowl of fruit (grapes and warermelon) 2 sandwiches (either pork, turkey, chicken) snacks like 2 granola bars, apple and a banana and i also will usually grab a sub or something while im at work. When i get home from work i take a protein shake mixed with whole milk, then around 6:30 i have dinner which is usually pasta or chicken and rice or pork and rice or patatos etc i always mix it up. Then at 8 i go to the gym for about a hour and a half then i come home and have another protien shake with whole milk then go to bed. I also take 2 multi vitamins a day, one at breakfast and the other at dinner. I'm 6'2 and 193 pounds. I have always been pretty skinny and am looking to bulk up and get big without getting fat. I have been going to the gym for about 4 months now and i am more toned and a lot stronger and i have almost gained 10 pounds (i was 185 pounds when i started) when i started i was benching 150 now i am benching 225 but i feel i'm not showing like i bench that much. Currently i dont do any cardio because i am afraid i will lose muscle if i do not do it properly which brings me to a question, when should i be doing cardio, before or after my workout? Any and all feed back and advice is greatly appreciated. I'm very serious about body building and getting in shape! Thank you

Diet looks alright bro , now with routine when u first start u will gain off any routine but I wouldnt do chest and back on same day bro , 2 big muscle groups in one day isn't ideal , I like how u do legs first though man, why not
Day1:legs day 2:chest/tris. Day3:back/bis. Day 4:shoulders/traps

diet looks great man!
thats usually the hardest part for most ppl and you are already on the right track,so the best advice i can give you is to look into a 5x5 routine. strong lifts beginner has put some good mass on me and increased my strength dramatically.
its very structured but simple,keep a log,set your goals and smash'em!
haha ITS VERY MOTAVATING!
as far as the cardio you are going to have to judge that for your self,
everyones metabolism is different,
take me for example, i love to run and would do it more often BUT if i go over 8-9 miles a week i cant build muscle (a lesson hard learned) so i keep it down to 2-3,3 mile runs a week.
just my 2cts. good luck bro!!!

skinny fat endomorphic hardgainer

Bro I have to disagree with all of the above posts. Your diet does not look good IMO. If you want to lean bulk you have to eat. I mean eat alot. However what you eat is the important part. Your meals need to be split with around 6-7 meals a day. You need to have high protein and good fats followed up with complex carbs. Ditch the fruit. Nothing but sugar. Kill the chocolate milk. 2% milk if you really want to drink milk. The eggs on a bagel not going to get it. Oats for breakfast 2 cups. 4 eggs boiled eating one whole egg and 3 whites. Whey protein shake with this breakfast. Space meals out every two to three hours. Example 2nd meal. 8oz grilled chicken breast, sweet potato, green beans. Maybe a banana afterwards if you love fruit that much. Sandwiches and sandwich meat are horrible. Real foods are best. Food is the most anabolic substance out there. Third meal basically same as second. Fourth meal more meat protein. Start lowering carbs on this meal. Add in more vegetables. Fifth meal have your granola with another shake. Post workout shake and meal after your workout. If this coincides with 5 meal great. 6 meal low carbs. Meat protein with vegetables. 7 meal casein shake 30 min before bed. If you are serious about body building this is a general idea if how you eat. No pasta at night. Wheat pasta would be better but preferrably not at night. Snack on almonds for good fat. This will get you started. Check out the stickies here on the diet forums. Research and see what is best for you. Then make adjustments based on how your body reacts. Figure your caloric needs with the harrison benedict formula. Add 500 cals at first and then adjust until desired results are achieved. That is the only way you can gauge your progress is with a known base caloric need and add cals until you start to gain.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Bro I have to disagree with all of the above posts. Your diet does not look good IMO. If you want to lean bulk you have to eat. I mean eat alot. However what you eat is the important part. Your meals need to be split with around 6-7 meals a day. You need to have high protein and good fats followed up with complex carbs. Ditch the fruit. Nothing but sugar. Kill the chocolate milk. 2% milk if you really want to drink milk. The eggs on a bagel not going to get it. Oats for breakfast 2 cups. 4 eggs boiled eating one whole egg and 3 whites. Whey protein shake with this breakfast. Space meals out every two to three hours. Example 2nd meal. 8oz grilled chicken breast, sweet potatoe, green beans. Maybe a banana afterwards if you live fruit that much. Sandwiches and sandwich meat are horrible. Real foods are best. Food is the most anabolic substance out there. Third meal basically same as second. Fourth meal more meat protein. Start lowering carbs on this meal. Add in more vegetables. Fifth meal have your granola with another shake. Post workout shake and meal after your workout. If this coincides with 5 meal great. 6 meal low carbs. Meat protein with vegetables. 7 meal casein shake 30 min before bed. If you are serious about body building this is a general idea if how you eat. No pasta at night. Wheat pasta would be better but preferrably not at night. Snack in almonds for good fat. This will get you started. Check out the stickies here on the diet forums. Research and see what is best for you. Then make adjustments based on how your body reacts. Figure you caloric needs with the harrison benedict formula. Add 500 cals at first and then adjust until desired results are achieved. That is the only way you can gauge your progress us with a known base caloric need and add cals until you start to gain.

This is why I ask Grandpa ObsessedWLiftin questions. :supercool

If you want quick eggs, there’s pasteurized egg whites in the grocery store and they are quick too cook and can be drank right from the carton or mixed with a shake.
And I'm a hard gainer too bro. Eat like he said. Some days you will look at your meals and just get sad because you are tired of eating, but chow it down anyways, it will get better when your stomach grows and your metabolism gets used to the change in eating habits.

and if you want size, Look into the 5 x 5 program !!!
OWL P.S. : * Potato* Unless your Al Gore:Chef:

This is why I ask Grandpa ObsessedWLiftin questions. :supercool

If you want quick eggs, there’s pasteurized egg whites in the grocery store and they are quick too cook and can be drank right from the carton or mixed with a shake.
And I'm a hard gainer too bro. Eat like he said. Some days you will look at your meals and just get sad because you are tired of eating, but chow it down anyways, it will get better when your stomach grows and your metabolism gets used to the change in eating habits.

and if you want size, Look into the 5 x 5 program !!!
OWL P.S. : * Potato* Unless your Al Gore:Chef:

Fixed! Lol and watch that grand pa shiat bish! Lmao I love this guy! No homo of course.

Top Bottom