Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much time can I spend with the heavy bag without screwing with training?

lemur

ok, im 14, which means I have gym everyday. I train in fencing 3 times a week (about 3-4 hours a time) and I'm going to be starting MMA after the new year. I also train a fullbody routine 2-3x a week, which looks like this:

day 1:
cleans or deads (alternate)
db bench
rows
dips
lateral raises
calf work

day 2:
squats or front squats (alternate)
SLDL
standing OHP or bench
chins
curls
farmers walks
calf work

i train the neck on off days. i probably forgot an exercise somewhere but i couldnt give a damn. lol. me and a couple of my friends who are into MA train with tons of med ball excercises and do some wrestling/bjj at lunch times so im not lacking in ab work either.

what i'd like to know is, as far as the heavy bag goes, how much is too much? I know I probably shouldn't hit the thing 2 hours a day, but how much is it gonna take for me to overtrain my delts/tris? should i be concerned about my legs getting overtrained as well ? (I did muay thai for a while so i will be practising lots of roundhouse etc)

You'd better be eating HUGE amounts of food with routines like that. Probably 20-30 min daily would be great with all the other activities you do.

Top Bottom