Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where can I dump my fridge and washing machine?

riverrock

I have been looking around the house and can only see 2 items that are work a bit of money and would be useful in the near future. That is my washing machine and fridge. I have been having some relationship problems as previously explained and plan on a quick exit. But, I can't leave anything in an unfurnished house once I vacate it. So, what do you suggest I with those 2 items as I'll stay in a Bed and Breakfast for a few weeks and storage isn't cheap?

I could cut my losses and abandon it, but the thought of some guy using my stuff for free after I worked damn hard to pay for it doesn't appeal!

Help appreciated.

How long do you have before you move out? A yard sale or ad in the local classifieds for these types of items will get some surprisingly quick responses. Worst come to worst, you can run the numbers and see if it's worth it to store them in a storage unit (will cut into your profit margins, no doubt).

Either sell them both together, which will be difficult to do... or store them in a friend's basement/garage for a month or two if they're that expensive.

You can donate them to the Salvation Army. Get a receipt and have them put a decent amount on it and then claim a charitable deduction on your tax return.

Also, some towns have places (non-profits) that take stuff like that. Some even come and pick it up. Same deal as above - get a receipt and then claim a charitable deduction.

You don't have mini-storage rentals in England where you can rent a 5ftx5ft space for about $25 a month?

Top Bottom