Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Approved Log My Training Diet Log

Day 3
I think I´ve given you some insights in my diet. My first meal is always something high protein and around 600-700 calories. I don´t always eat meat (today for example I had mozzarella + tomatoes and bread with cottage cheese. Apart from that I also have eggs and chicken breast quite often and that´s actually it. Not much variation in my first meal but I guess they are kind of healthy. My second meal is (as I have shown) low-fat quark with fruits (nearly always). For dinner I sometimes cook myself (healthy, high protein) but if my parents cook I´ll just have what they make.
So, instead, I want to talk a bit more detailled about my sports/workouts:

Cardio: 12am-12:45am
View attachment 147368
At 12am I went for a run. A 9 minute mile isn´t very fast of course, but I´m not training to go all in but instead I´m working on my endurance so I´m running a pace (like 9 mnutes per mile) I can hold for quite some time without going into high pulse

Workout: 4:45pm-5:45pm
Yesterday was a restday so today I did push and shoulder exercises. Tomorrow will be pull and legs. Today I´ve counted how many reps I got in each set so here are the stats (I did most of the exercises with two 17,5kg/38.5lbs dumbbells except for the ones where I´ve put the weight in brackets):

benchpress barbell (60kg): 10 reps in set one - 6 reps in set two - 10 reps in set three
benchpress dumbbells: 10-10-9
inclined bench press: 7-6-5
flys: 6-5-6
triceps press: 8-5-6
french press: 6// (only did 1 set)
push ups: 20-14-22
shoulder press: 5-4-0
frontal raise (10kg): 10-9-10

Please note: I´m doing progressive overload so when I get around 10 reps each set in my exercises, I´m increasing the weight and I´ve just done so. This is why in some exercises I´m only getting low reps but I´m quite sure this will change and get better with every workout I´m doing (that´s how it worked so far)
thats a good overload but you need to load to 15 reps for at least 1-2 sets per time
and cardio is fine stay that level
so far good updates keep us posted here :)

I've also thought about how I want to train in the gym but I am definitely needing your help because it's a little bit overwhelming for me.
First of all my goals: I just want to be healthy, fit and kind of "strong". If achieving this would give me some kind of an athletic body, I'd be more than happy.
Time issues: Realistically I'll only be able to work out from Monday-Friday. On the weekends I'm at Home where I could only do a home workout Like I am doing at the moment and when I have to referee games I just don't have much time. From Monday-Friday however I do have time and if I'm working on a different muscle group each day I don't need a rest day in between. So I need a good gym plan for these 5 days. I thought about doing: Push - Pull - Legs - Push - Pull -//
On the Push day I thought about doing Push and shoulder exercises and on the Pull day of course Pull exercises as well as bizeps and maybe some core work.
I know that in this plan I've only included one leg day but let me explain my reasons: First of all I don't think that legs are my weak point at the moment. And I also have running goals but with sore leg muscles it's difficult to go on a competitive training run. If you have better ideas on how to manage these things please tell me.
If possible there are some exercises I would Like to include because I really have fun doing them:
-benchpress
-push ups
-pull ups (I want to be able to do some in a row)
I also know that I have much more possibilities in the gym because of the equipment. However I'd be happy If we could find some dumbbell exercises so I don't have to run from machine to machine, don't have to wait all the time etc.

I've also thought about how I want to train in the gym but I am definitely needing your help because it's a little bit overwhelming for me.
First of all my goals: I just want to be healthy, fit and kind of "strong". If achieving this would give me some kind of an athletic body, I'd be more than happy.
Time issues: Realistically I'll only be able to work out from Monday-Friday. On the weekends I'm at Home where I could only do a home workout Like I am doing at the moment and when I have to referee games I just don't have much time. From Monday-Friday however I do have time and if I'm working on a different muscle group each day I don't need a rest day in between. So I need a good gym plan for these 5 days. I thought about doing: Push - Pull - Legs - Push - Pull -//
On the Push day I thought about doing Push and shoulder exercises and on the Pull day of course Pull exercises as well as bizeps and maybe some core work.
I know that in this plan I've only included one leg day but let me explain my reasons: First of all I don't think that legs are my weak point at the moment. And I also have running goals but with sore leg muscles it's difficult to go on a competitive training run. If you have better ideas on how to manage these things please tell me.
If possible there are some exercises I would Like to include because I really have fun doing them:
-benchpress
-push ups
-pull ups (I want to be able to do some in a row)
I also know that I have much more possibilities in the gym because of the equipment. However I'd be happy If we could find some dumbbell exercises so I don't have to run from machine to machine, don't have to wait all the time etc.
@Tentatum how about you do home exercises as well?
i like your big sets
you can do bench press
push ups
pull ups
squats
deads if you have the bar
the main ones

Of course I haven´t forgotten about this log, but I just wanted to wait until I have something to share again. And while I have positive news like getting up with the reps etc. this post will be quite negative because it´s just what happened recently. The last few days were tough. Around a good week ago I decided to cut my calories a bit to around 2000. I wanted to do so by doing WPF fasting...This means that you eat for example between 12am and 6pm (so a 6 hour range) but instead of fasting completely in the morning you drink 1-2 protein shakes. Therefore I tried drinking 400ml oat milk with 60g whey protein but it honestly didn´t work out for me at all. For some days I wasn´t hungry, but I slept absolutely shitty and I didn´t feel anywhere as good and healthy as I normally do. I believe that I, as dumb as it sounds, had too much protein. During that time I consumed around 200-230g per day (because I already got 50g in the morning because of the shake) and, as mentioned, it impacted my generall well-being in very negative ways. In addition the 400 calories less and maybe unsatisfaction caught up with me. This means that for three days in a row or so I did overeat. As a result I felt bad on those days and got into a "fuck it" mode which means that I also skipped some workout sessions. I´ve fully locked back in today and it´s just a little setback but it still keeps me wondering how I should go on. With 2400 calories a day I don´t really have any cravings and I feel good. However if I want to lose a bit weight I´ll have to go down in my calories again but now I know that there are some "dangers" for me

Of course I haven´t forgotten about this log, but I just wanted to wait until I have something to share again. And while I have positive news like getting up with the reps etc. this post will be quite negative because it´s just what happened recently. The last few days were tough. Around a good week ago I decided to cut my calories a bit to around 2000. I wanted to do so by doing WPF fasting...This means that you eat for example between 12am and 6pm (so a 6 hour range) but instead of fasting completely in the morning you drink 1-2 protein shakes. Therefore I tried drinking 400ml oat milk with 60g whey protein but it honestly didn´t work out for me at all. For some days I wasn´t hungry, but I slept absolutely shitty and I didn´t feel anywhere as good and healthy as I normally do. I believe that I, as dumb as it sounds, had too much protein. During that time I consumed around 200-230g per day (because I already got 50g in the morning because of the shake) and, as mentioned, it impacted my generall well-being in very negative ways. In addition the 400 calories less and maybe unsatisfaction caught up with me. This means that for three days in a row or so I did overeat. As a result I felt bad on those days and got into a "fuck it" mode which means that I also skipped some workout sessions. I´ve fully locked back in today and it´s just a little setback but it still keeps me wondering how I should go on. With 2400 calories a day I don´t really have any cravings and I feel good. However if I want to lose a bit weight I´ll have to go down in my calories again but now I know that there are some "dangers" for me
@Tentatum there is something to update, you changed a diet without discussion, so you should up the calories and up the protein so you feel good :) would be great to see your training sessions again

Over the past days I´ve counted the reps again I am currently able to do in each set/exercise (still doing it with 38.5 lbs dumbbells except in the exercises where I´ve written the weight in brackets). Just fyi: When I said that I was benching 130lbs last time I was in fact benching way less. I didn´t lie on purpose but miscalculated the weight of the bar. As soon as I found out I´ve increased the weight to real 130lbs, that´s why the reps are currently kind of low.

Push/Core
benchpress dumbbells: 15-9-10
benchpress barbell (130lbs): 5-5-2
inclined bench press: 10-7-9
flys: 7-6-9
triceps press: 6-4-5
french press (one 38.5lbs dumbbell): 11-9-10
shoulder press: 7-5-3
four core exercises: didn´t count the rep
-
In general I think I feel some progress especially when you look at the reps for inclined bench press or dumbbell benchpress. Don´t think it is useful to increase the weight before my vacation but things are definitely going easier. If you wonder why the triceps press reps are lower than last time: I simply did them with a better form that targeted the triceps way more therefore it was a lot harder.

Legs
WhatsApp Image 2024-09-05 at 14.42.02.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-09-05 at 14.42.02 (1).jpeg

I think I´ve already said that I don´t really like the leg exercises I could do at home. Therefore I searched for another way to train my legs at least in some way that is also fun (most important thing for me personally) and I´ve found something: Just half a mile away from my home is an old tower back from the 1930s and I ran it up and down as often as I could. Managed to do it 10 times so in total 2410 stairs (1210 up and 1210 down). I might build more muscle If I would train legs with weights as well but this was way more fun and it at least created some resistance so for now I am totally fine with it.

Future plans
I also think that I stressed myself too much in finding a good workout plan for the gym. Until now I´ve not really heard anything super negative about how I am training at the moment so I thought about keeping my current plan at least for a while. Where I study I will have friends who also go to the gym...maybe they can introduce me to some exercises I can add to my workout but I think having such a "smooth" transition is probably way better than if I just change everything basically overnight.

Pull/Shoulders will follow tomorrow or Sunday!

Top Bottom