Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Owned by 245 ...

superqt4u2nv

Elite
Elite Moderator
So I went for a new PR on my DL tonight

warm up 135 for 12
185 x 6
225 x 1
245 x owned
245 x owned again

I am thinking of trying for it again on Saturday. I carbed up before the workout and thought my focus was on spot but I just couldn't lock it out. :(

Advice on going for one rep max?

Next time I would suggest that you not warm up with such high reps in the dead. You might want to do some 45 degree hypers to get some blood flowing in the lower back, but I would peter out if I warmed up with a set of 12 with 55 percent of my 1rm.

If you feel inclined, next time do some 45 degree hypers for a set or 2.

135x3
185x1
215x1
245x1....and when you hit it try
255x1

It's up to you...I just know I would not have the energy to go that high in reps when I push for a 1rm pr.

Let us know when you blast up the 255.

Yeah I was thinking the volume was to high I was actually aiming for 275 lofty goals but I would like to hit it before the end of the month.

more singles to prime your nervous system. you made a pretty big jump from 225 to 245 if you felt 225 was tough, maybe a 235 single, then a 245 single. i take very small jumps up near my maxes. your muscles might have been fresh but your CNS wasnt used to that kind of weight. another option would be to do a few static holds with 255. just so your body gets used to the pressure. similar to a squat "walkout". use an weight over so then you are overprimed for your PR.

just an idea.

superqt4u2nv said:
Yeah I was thinking the volume was to high I was actually aiming for 275 lofty goals but I would like to hit it before the end of the month.

not to bust your bubble but 275 by the end of the month? seriously. that's a 22% gain over 225 lbs in what, 2 weeks? totally unrealistic. that's like someone with a 500 lb deadlift going for 600 14 days later - AINT GONNA HAPPEN! folks have to learn how to utilize %'s better in their training to get anywhere

you better try 235 before you attempt 245. that's almost a 5% jump and much more attainable. it will also help with your confidence for 245

For future training try to focus on really getting that bar moving. The more acceleration you carry through the lift the easier it's going to be to get it through lockout. I'm guessing you are stronger at the bottom so you might have more in you and you'll be able to use that extra capacity to carry you past the top. All that said, pre-max is not the time to be working on this. Lockouts in the rack can help to some degree also.

For your next effort follow the advice they gave you above and stay clear of high reps in warm ups. This is a good idea on all days, taking a cold muscle and subjecting it to repeated reps under even a modest load is an invitation to injury. Get yourself warm first, start with the bar (rather than almost 55% of your 1RM for 12 reps - ouch), and pull with everything you have.

Try the 245 nex time, but load up the bar on top of two 45s stacked at each end off the bar. This will raise the bar by about 2.5 inches and allow you to start from a stronger position. You may even be able to get a double with it. The following session, do the set and either go for a triple, or take one of the plates off so that you are lifting from off of one 45. The next session you will be a ble to DL 245 from the floor.

Next, use stacks of 4 x 45lb on each end and load the bar to 275. When you can do a triple, remove a plate so that you are deading from on top of 3 plates snd carry on until you can do a triple at this level. Carry on removing plates for then next 3 sessions and you will be using 275 off the floor.

I could do sets of 10 with 600lbs off of 4 plates, and the 550 from the floor is almost a certainty...

The only problem is that she is weaker at lockout than off the floor so elevating the pulling position doesn't help her anywhere near the amount it would someone with the opposite issue (I'm stronger at lockout and I imagine you are too - women can be the reverse). Also, as stated above 275 is a big % jump from 225. The 600 for a 500lbs lifter in a few weeks was the example to lend perspective.

Top Bottom