Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Owned by 245 ...

Sometimes you psyche yourself out by concentrating too much on your rep. This is where speed work comes in. I do mine on on DE leg day, but any day not Max Effort day is OK. Just put about 60% of your one-rep max on the bar and do about 6-8 single lifts spaced 10 seconds apart. Nows the time to concentrate on your form so that you become sure of yourself and develop power. When your ready for your new PR, you've already had enough practice so just load the bar up, step in let your body take over- or as Arnold called it- your muscle memory. The sticky on The Deadlift in the Powerlifting forum is a good read, well worth your time. Good luck with your goals.

I figured I would do some dimel deads a couple of weeks ago. So I load up the bar with 185 and plan to do 20 real quick reps with it. Dimels are like a romanian dead but done very explosively...the bar is almost dropped to the bottom position and ballistically reversed. Anyways, I couldn't get to 15 without gasping for air.

I really REALLY need to get into shape.

superqt4u2nv said:
I can do 135 for 20 reps easy.
i wasnt sayng i CANT DL 135 for more than 5-8 lol im just saying its pointless lol
my dead sucks but it aint that bad LOL

nothing wrong with rep work but if going for a PR i think your best bet is to do something like chuck laid out

My last DL workout was:

three sets of 455 x 6 reps
one set of 315 x 21 reps

I've always liked doing the high rep stuff, even though I'm building up to a max. The pain I feel when I'm trying to lock out the last rep on the high rep set prepares me for the pain that I will feel when I'm trying to lock out 600 in a month's time. Or some shit like that!

455 x 6 for 3 sets was just what I happened to do last workout, I'm much stronger at max.

Can you see it now, mate?

Last edited:
Hey musketeer...that's funny because it's what Ben Stiller would have done in Dodgeball.....LOL

high rep deads aren't the safest thing for your back bro.. unless you're doing them stiff legged. too much chance of losing focus on those last reps and tweakin something

I'm not going to let you max next week babe even if you want to, I'll hide all the plates in the gym in my pants if I have to. Take a month before you try to hit a max again otherwise you end up like a certain dumb ass almost rupturing himself trying 675 every week.. lol.

Top Bottom