Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oh shit! The Yanks 0-2 deficit!

• Thread starter Thread starter buksoon
  • Start date Start date
B

buksoon

Can they do it??? In Oakland??? Those damn A's!

It's just that my boys are getting so oooold! The average age of the Yanks is like ... 102? And the A's are such whippersnappers.

I'm scared.

About damn time!!! I'm tired of the yankees... nelson laugh..ha ha!!!

"fuk the Yankees"??

I have read some misguided, almost sacreligious things on this board ... but that's just WRONG.

I feel your pain:bawling:, man, but we've had a long run. :)

It looks like we're done for a long time, too. Signing a singles-hitting, no-range shortstop to a $19 Million a year contract (Could have had A-Rod for $1-2 Mil a year more) and Bernie Williams to that 6 yr, $70M joke (could have had just about anyone else) pretty much seals their fate for the next 5-10 years. And Justice??????? Can't win when you can't score.

Steinbrenner puts a lot of weight in loyalty and payback, unfortunately that's a double-edged sword. He wanted to be loyal and pay those guys back for the past 4 years, but that dosen't really work in baseball; when you're washed up, you're washed up...

Hey, at least the Mariners won't get anywhere and the A's are probably gonna win it all; they are unreal this year.

thebabydoc said:
and the A's are probably gonna win it all; they are unreal this year.

That's true. I mean, better to lose to guys who are just freaks, who can't seem to lose right now. Sort of feels like the A's are unstoppable.

There are some eternal optimists who say: "look at '96! We lost the first 2 ALDS games at home, but took the next 3 on the road!"

But the A's are just ... too much.

::wiping away a tear::

(Of course, we did come back from that 97 malaise with that killer 98 season. Maybe we could be like that again?? But changes will have to be made.)

I'm a girl, btw. (I still have to say that after every 5th post. Someday....)

ZITO and that HUGE CURVE BALL are going to be hard to beat in game 3 at home. This guy has a curve that has made the Vets dive out of the box and the ball fell for a strike.
Rafael Palmero(sp) was laughing at himself and shaking his head when he went down on 3 stikes looking after he saw Zito for the first time.

buksoon said:

I'm a girl, btw. (I still have to say that after every 5th post. Someday....)
Girl and a Yankee fan?
Where do you live? I've got a brother for you...
Someday... what?

I hear what you're saying about the comebacks and the Yanks have the experience and pitching that can shut out anyone for 3 straight games and have pulled off these comebacks, but without 1 run you just cannot win I fear...

And yes, the A's have that unstoppable feeling that the Yanks had back in '98 and '99
and you gotta like all their players except that bitch manager Howe.

thebabydoc said:
Girl and a Yankee fan?
Where do you live? I've got a brother for you...
Someday... what?

"Someday" I'll get to stop reminding this board that I'm a girl! Word will get around or something.

I'm in Jersey. A train ride away from NY. Tell me about this bro!

Top Bottom