Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My work ethic as a wide receiver

WR_7

First of I would like to say that my trainer took me to run on a track with her and my 40 yard dash time shocked me! I ran a 4.87 which I think isn't too bad for a freshman but still I want o work even harder so here is how I train

Tuesday:

*Tread Mill Warm Up 2 min
*Leg Press:140 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
*Quad Press:140 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
*Hamstring Pull Ups:40 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
*Dumbell Lunges:60 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
*Dumbell Calve Raises:50 lbs 3 sets 20 reps
*Shoulder lateral Raise:30 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
*Tricep Pull Downs:40 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
*Barbell Curls:45 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
*On ball crunches:30 lbs 3 sets 15 reps

Then I go home rest for 20 min and then I put on these for 3 running exersies:http://www.speedtrainers.com/mainframe.htm

The 3 exersises that I perform with speedtrainers were used by Jerry Rice to improve his quickness

Exersise 1:Triangle Drill-15 min
Exersise 2:Circle Drill-15 min
Exersise 3: 10 yard high step 30 yard sprint and 10 yard high step
Final exersise 50 yard dash-30 min without speedtrainers

Thursday:
*Tread Mill Warm Up 2 min
*Bench Press 90 lbs 3 sets 12 reps
*Peck Deck Flyes:50 lbs 3 sets 12 reps
*Dumbell Shrugs: 60 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
*Machine Back Press:170 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
*Behind the back barbell curl (foreams)75 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
*Reverse Barbell Curl: 35 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
*On ball crunches:30 lbs 3 sets 15 reps

Usually On Fridays or Sundays I play with a former HS QB whp passes me 60-70 yard passes and we work on diffrerent routes such as SLANTS,DOWN INS,OUTS, POSTS,FLYS and other more advanced routes. On saturdays or sundays I also practice with a friend who will be a QB for Newark High School, he can pass 60 yards with a fast bullet spirals and we work on the chemistry for 6-7 hours.

So what do you think of my work ethic?

Do you do any exercises to build a better vertical? Sure leg presses and squats will help but try cleans.

Thanks guys, by the way I will be 15 soon so Im growing out of the RZ-TRAINER but I will try to do squats

You are doing all the wrong shit from a collegiate WR point of view. You are only 15 so i do not know how developed you are... however you need to be doing powerlifting/olympic lifts as well as plyometrics/resistance running. I like your Jerry Rice quickness routine but that will increase cutting ability/agility not 40 time.

Go to www.speedcity.com they have very helpful training tools. If you don't want to buy those, pull a sled, or a tire for that matter.

Do box jumps with many variations, do cleans, do squat jumps, step ups, squats...etc... You really need to focus on plyometrics because the 40 is all abou thte start. curls will help you develop some lbm however your core lifts are all that will help you in football... do them...

Btw in highschool I was 240 and ran a 4.5... legit recorded by nike camp... All I did besides powerlifting/olympic lifts was pull a tire til i felt like i was going to collapse. Also some plyometrics to warm up for tire pull.

Throw2Far said:
You are doing all the wrong shit from a collegiate WR point of view. You are only 15 so i do not know how developed you are... however you need to be doing powerlifting/olympic lifts as well as plyometrics/resistance running. I like your Jerry Rice quickness routine but that will increase cutting ability/agility not 40 time.

Go to www.speedcity.com they have very helpful training tools. If you don't want to buy those, pull a sled, or a tire for that matter.

Do box jumps with many variations, do cleans, do squat jumps, step ups, squats...etc... You really need to focus on plyometrics because the 40 is all abou thte start. curls will help you develop some lbm however your core lifts are all that will help you in football... do them...

Btw in highschool I was 240 and ran a 4.5... legit recorded by nike camp... All I did besides powerlifting/olympic lifts was pull a tire til i felt like i was going to collapse. Also some plyometrics to warm up for tire pull.

I disagree mostly. I think his workouts is endurance based. This IS where it needs to be. A college training coach will tailor his workouts towards thier specs if he decides to do that. WR need more then 40 yeard dash time... He needs to work on his receiving skills... The coaches will have drills for that. Must be able to go all game.

I think the powerlifting should be deemphasized for Wr since he is an endurance athlete. The plyos I agree with but more endurance work and less powerlifting

Thanks for the RZ trainer I will definatly get that, also I can't do powerlifts Im not taking a risk on my growth because some people I talked to did power lifting like squats, cleans at 13 and could do like 250+ but were stuck with 5.8 ft instead of thir growth potential so Im not risking that because I want to be 6.2-6.4 ft

I think his workouts is endurance based.

When you say endurance based, running a mile comes to mind. No college coach would have their wide receivers do that and if a highschool coach is telling you to do this he is a retard.

Hopefully what you mean by endurance is interval training. What will make you go all game long is training like you are in a game. Go hard for a drill, then rest 30 seconds, go hard again, rest 30 seconds... Thats how all college teams do it no matter what the position...

I started powerlifts at 16 and grew til I was 19... If you want to play it safe thats fine but im tellin you... pull a sled... I don't want to name drop cuz im anonymous but my cousin is a starting NFL runningback and we grew up pulling a tire... He even did it on his summers off at college...

throw 2 far is right explosiveness coming out of the breaks is extremely important, also plyo's are key, the greatest receivers in the world are the best because they run the best routes plain and simple, not trying to de-emphasize training cause that matters alot, but the guys that get open get open because of how good and deceptive they are when running routes, speed matters not saying it doesn't but look at how many receivers have come and gone in the NFL that was fast as hell, one reason and one reason only not disciplined in there route running

Top Bottom