Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do fast food workers really need $15/hr to fug up my drive thru orders?

I want to ask a serious question and bring up a point and I really don't want a debate or even political agendas, someone just explain it to me without bitching about liberals or democrats or republicans or anything.

Once upon a time, about 20+/- years ago, people would pretty much have a general idea of where they were headed after high school around age 16 or so. It kind of broke down like this: College, military, work, deadbeat. We're not gonna talk about the military kids or the deadbeats, just the college and work kids.

Kids who had the ambition, desire, drive, greed, whatever, usually started working for someone at minimum wage before they graduated high school or they would work minimum wage jobs because they could get shifts that accommodated their college schedule. The kids who didn't have the desire or intelligence to go onto college would get some time under their belt at the Golden Arches and then move onto other jobs in other industries where a degree wasn't required, you put your time in, you gained seniority, you moved up in pay scale, eventually had benefits, etc. and there are plenty of people who built cars or smelted iron or drove a forklift for their working life and lived happily as blue collar workers, raised a family, were content.

Now there's a big problem, there IS NOWHERE to go after Mickey D's anymore. There are no jobs for people who don't have a college degree. Shit, I can't even find a g'damned receptionist job that doesn't require a two year degree. All the manufacturing went overseas. There are no jobs to transition to from minimum wage work. These people picketing are not saying they don't want to work, something they're not saying (but is painfully obvious) is THEY HAVE NOWHERE ELSE TO WORK. They work full time, some of them more than full time, they aren't lazy. There is no place for them to transition to.

Blame unions, blame corporate taxes, blame liberals or whoever you want to, but the fact is, corporations can pay foreigners much, much less than minimum wage to do the exact same job they USED to pay a person a living wage to do. The 50s, the 60s, the 70s and 80s, people could make a living wage without a college degree. So what happened to all the blue collar jobs of Detroit, Pittsburgh, Reading, etc., etc., etc. WHAT THE HELL CHANGED? Yet corporate profits, and the salaries of the CEOs and those folks in the stratosphere of upper management, they all went up. That's a simple fact, not my prejudice, not my opinion. Jobs vanished and now we have a whole new class of people called the working poor, who are 30 and 40 years old doing the jobs that used to be done by high school seniors.

Help me to understand.

That's the thing, you don't want a political discussion, but it's the result of liberal politics.

That's liberalism in a nutshell, what you just described. In what used to be a functioning, independent private market, you now have millions of uneducated, unskilled adult workers who can't obtain a decent career to pay for things like healthcare and food to feed their families. They must then depend on someone else to provide their necessities, and who better than Uncle Sam, right?

So let's keep shoveling more fucking money so they can grow the government bigger so they can help manage those poor workers' financial needs. Yeah, those are the people we want to fiscally depend on, since they've proven themselves fully capable of handling funds, right?

So instead of telling these full grown adults to suck it the fuck up and eat ramen gotdam noodles if they have to while putting back a little cash at a time to pay to further their education, or relocate for a better career, or be able to retire someday, liberal politicians say 'fuck all that shit. We'll just print more money and give you more free shit so you don't have to do any struggling to better yourself, that would just be too hard. Stay where you are in life! Vote for us!'

Top Bottom