Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What It Takes

Nice post broly- Keep in mind though there is a fine line between crazy and stupid.... as long as one does not risk getting seriously hurt/jepordizing their career/future no risk is stupid..... but I would say you are absolutely correct... no person that is enjoys great success conforms to the status quo... it is a must to test the boundaries....

Becoming,

Another important variable is the DESIRE for great success. Many people simply have no need to test the status quo, many people are comfortable and complacent of living a life like everyone else.

ESPN did a recent coverage about this football player, his name escapes me, but anyway..... He was an incredibly strong offensive lineman, and NFL offered him a contract for few million dollars. He said NO to the NFL, and instead became a High School Football coach, who makes only 5% a year of a signing bonus that he would get if he would try out for the NFL. When the reporters asked him what he would like to do in the future, he replied "I want to enter World Strongest Man Competition".

My best friend has exactly the same attitude. We had started talking about life and people in general, and he replied with this quote that I will never forget. He said "All I need is 70k a year, an apartment on Times Square, and 19" arms - and I'll be happy"

So what I am trying to portray is that success is relative in your own eyes, one person may think he is happy and successful if he goes against the traditional boundaries with the enormous drive that he/she has to succeed OR that person may simply settle down, and become just another mindless drone of the society, and in their own eyes they will be happy.

However you and I, and most of this board will agree that in general, a person is more successful if he/she accomplishes more than other people accomplished. Even though some people are capable of testing the boundaries, they either have no desire to do this, or their logic tells them that if they do try to face the limits then they will increase their potential to fail.

revexrevex said:
So what I am trying to portray is that success is relative in your own eyes, one person may think he is happy and successful if he goes against the traditional boundaries with the enormous drive that he/she has to succeed OR that person may simply settle down, and become just another mindless drone of the society, and in their own eyes they will be happy.

However you and I, and most of this board will agree that in general, a person is more successful if he/she accomplishes more than other people accomplished. Even though some people are capable of testing the boundaries, they either have no desire to do this, or their logic tells them that if they do try to face the limits then they will increase their potential to fail.

Good post...

One man's challenges are another man's mindless droning.... it doesn't matter what one does, as long as they test the boundaries that are set before them...

Example- Bill Gates- Little gurly man shure..... but would crush anyone in computers.... and has.... He has broken all the boundaries...

Sust-
And when did you realize it had been missing?- My guess not until well after the fact...

lost drive when I was told repeatedly I was too short for the pro's and lost a bunch of scholarships cause of height. Real downer for me, didn't train. I just went out and partied and I should have been training and proved them wrong.

the drive coming back, was just a stubborn instinct to prove people wrong and prove to myself I have what it takes in any sport, so i basically picked one of the most brutal and mentaly tough sports out there; Strongman. Actually it kinda picked me, but I rose to the challenge

Lord_Suston said:
lost drive when I was told repeatedly I was too short for the pro's and lost a bunch of scholarships cause of height. Real downer for me, didn't train.

I have a good bro that was an awesome cornerback, great vert, awesome wheels, great technique, told the same thing.... went to a couple NFL tryouts and the combine... all the coaches loved him, and he actually had one pull him aside and tell him he kept getting dropped cause he was 2 inches too short... that sucks...

well here is my story...

played in indiana and did decent sophmore year

moved to wa my jr year.. did okay on my team

senior year was horrible cause I sprained my ankle and didnt play fist month or so... then it was just really hard especially when someone already took over my spot and there was no time left...

anyways I had my cyo coach hook up a scholarship to a pretty junior college.. I go to europe for summer to train as hard as I can with my brother and come back to usa with a bloodclot in my shoulder... and that was 7-9 days before I came to usa so my whole summer get in shape program got flushed down the toilet.

anyways they told me your out for at least 3-5 months and only then you can do things such as joggin and light weights..

so I said fuck bball(it sucked) but I really had no choice its not like Im 16 and still in hs.

now my sophmore year i go to a different junior college closer to my house and better then other other one.. and make the team.. thats with 3 weeks of training and maybe some streetball before that...

so my dream is still out there.. with this board I have a feeling I am step closer to it too...

sconoscuito-
keep pressing bro... you are young and still have a good window of opportunity... if it is what you want, foresake all else, put in the work, the bros here will have your back...

Top Bottom