Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What It Takes

Fears can lead us to feel anxious at times.
Anxiety directed inward causes self-doubt, worry, and
hesitation that can keep you from acting confidently and
doing your best.

OR

Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation
will cause your worst fears to come true.

The first one is from a page on conquering anxiety, the second is from point break, but a cool line

Becoming said:
I usually use "self-fulfilling prophecy" ie- what you say will happen, will happen...

That's so true. Could've, should've, would've... Just fucking do it. There is no "try".

MsBeverlyHills said:
wrong Citrus....with everything even (mind/ body/preparation) luck determines who comes in 1st place & whos in 2nd...believe me-- Ive been there-- its just bad luck when the top fitness comp slips & falls on her ass...

dont you think injuries are just bad luck??? but maybe good luck for the second stringer??? Striving hard & prep is important I agree, but if your karmas good & the stars are in the right alignment that day-- your in luck!!

Slipping and falling? Bad balance? Not concentrating on how she is walking -- all factors.. bad luck is JUST not a factor in competition.

I injured my Achilles horribly during a major competition -- it wasn't bad luck, it is because i was putting to much on myself at once, my training was over the top ... something had to give and the during the semi-finals -- it did... My body reached a breaking point.

Karmatic balance is no match for a superior preparation for an event ... If you go 1-30 in a basketball game, and your opponent, who you've beaten 100 times by 100 points goes 30 for 30 -- it was their night... they rose to the occasion... they got into the zone... you choked... you failed when you should have risen..

However, I do feel that not everyone can be at their best all of the time... at least... not the best are... Only the Mediocre are at their best ALL of the time.

C-ditty

Nice post fella's

Here's one I can add:

Vision: Most of us are limited by self imposed barriers. I know this affects my physical performance more times than not. I try to convince myself that I can't bench well because of leverage or whatever. I lack vision to go beyond what I currently see as possible. In another setting, I would call this faith (seeing things that aren't as though they are) or lack thereof.
My realization of this comes from career, not lifting, but it should apply nonetheless. When I was a private, I didn't see myself ever becoming a sergeant major. It took a few years before I could even envision becoming a sergeant. Then, I had to envision becoming a drill sergeant. At more than one point, I thought I'd just hang it up, & be happy with what I had achieved.
Only after years of succession did I realize that "hey, I've done something here!" When I was selected to be the Chief Instructor at one of the Army's Drill Sergeant schools, I had finally achieved a goal that I thought was unobtainable. (there are only 10 in the whole army). When I was selected as a SGM, I finally looked back at the 20 years it took, & realized that I DID have goals and vision, it was just hard to see the forest for the trees at times. (More than once, I had rank and Badges ready before I was officially notified)
Now I'm a few days away from a Board that meets to select Command Sergeants Major. Do I see myself on that list?
Hell Yeah!! (prayers are appreciated, though)
Never sell yourself short.

And don't ever let anyone else tell you that you can't achieve a goal. If they do, don't let it bother you. YOU are the one in control.

Charlie Mike,
(army talk for continue mission)

Hispanic, actually. Lived in Deutchland for a while in the early '80s.
Don't speak spanish, either. but I'm working on it.

Longarms- Good post bro....

longarms said:
And don't ever let anyone else tell you that you can't achieve a goal. If they do, don't let it bother you. YOU are the one in control.

As for this one, I am a little harsher.... If they tell you you it can't be done, get new friends, don't talk to those people... Family might be a deserve a little more slack.... but they should know they are WRONG!

I think a single important thing to achieve your goals is to have a single minded drive that is free of conventional logic and reason.

Conventional logic and reason make up the majority of your lives, the decisions we make, and the future outcomes that we predict in your minds. Logic is a GOOD thing, without it our lives would be completely senseless.

However those who have this blank-minded, illogical, even "stupid" drive of achieving their goal, those people are the ones who succeed, and this in itself is circular relation - a logic-less mindset leads to VERY logical results.

Look at Hammer, he had his back broken, and according to the doctors he should have never played any sports again. A logical decision was to comply. However he went against all odds, kept rehabbing, kept working out, even though in his mind he probably knew that this break could repeat itself, and throughout this journey that went against all doctor's knowledge, he's been able to become a much stronger person.

It takes a special kind of person to throw away conventional logic and reason. Either the person is incredibly smart and determined, that is able to use the longterm logic to override the shortterm logic, or the person is incredibly stupid and doesnt really think about the reprecussions of their actions

Last edited:
Top Bottom