Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What It Takes

MsBeverlyHills said:

Luck favors a prepared mind, body and spirit... luck is a product of preparation and hard work... seldom does luck attach itself to those who don't prepare and strive hard for what they want to achieve... at least not in the world of athletics.

C-ditty

wrong Citrus....with everything even (mind/ body/preparation) luck determines who comes in 1st place & whos in 2nd...believe me-- Ive been there-- its just bad luck when the top fitness comp slips & falls on her ass...

dont you think injuries are just bad luck??? but maybe good luck for the second stringer??? Striving hard & prep is important I agree, but if your karmas good & the stars are in the right alignment that day-- your in luck!!

Citruscide said:
Luck favors a prepared mind, body and spirit... luck is a product of preparation and hard work... seldom does luck attach itself to those who don't prepare and strive hard for what they want to achieve... at least not in the world of athletics.

True indeed.

It seems that SOME people do experience impeccable timing as there are exceptions to every rule but..........without preparation and goal setting the person is deemed to a career of underachievment.

Goal setting is imperative!!!!!

MsBeverlyHills said:
wrong Citrus....with everything even (mind/ body/preparation) luck determines who comes in 1st place & whos in 2nd...believe me-- Ive been there-- its just bad luck when the top fitness comp slips & falls on her ass...

dont you think injuries are just bad luck??? but maybe good luck for the second stringer??? Striving hard & prep is important I agree, but if your karmas good & the stars are in the right alignment that day-- your in luck!!

This could be the exception to the rule!!!!

If you truly do believe in spirituality we may have more in common that I originally thought :)

I have confidence in you MSBH. I know you can make it there if you want to.

MsBeverlyHills said:

If you have two competitors, both equally prepared, both equally talented etc.... and one does slightly better than the other, this is a matter of performance, execution and timing....

sure some of the things might have been out of the competitors control (ie a slight gust of headwind during the discus event may have helped one of the competitors) but it still comes down to performance, execution and timing- within the parameters they had to perform in....

when one starts attributing thier success or failure to things outside of themselves, they will no longer be able to control a success or failure...

and lets face it, in the example you gave- perhaps that "stroke of bad luck" was really no accident, but an occurance which will spur the competitor on to a higher level of preperation, and a technically more perfect performance (though it was thought not possible at the time)

it is always possible to improve, and I don't believe anything to luck...

Becoming said:
when one starts attributing thier success or failure to things outside of themselves, they will no longer be able to control a success or failure...

2 words;

Intrinsic Motivation

Exceelent post Becoming.

What is the definition you use for intrinsic motivation?

I usually use "self-fulfilling prophecy" ie- what you say will happen, will happen...

Becoming said:
What is the definition you use for intrinsic motivation?

I usually use "self-fulfilling prophecy" ie- what you say will happen, will happen...

Intrinsic Motivation - the inner motivation that draws out the true talent and drive of a champion.

Top Bottom