Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The NY Giants drive me crazy!!!

fistfullofsteel

One week they lose to the Lions and the next week they beat the Vikings! I'll take the win though. I still think this team isn't firing on all cylinders.

They have all of the parts. Good Wide Receivers, good QB, good versatile RB if he can hold onto the ball, and a great great Tight End. Plus the defense has always been there.

slickdadd said:
They have all of the parts. Good Wide Receivers, good QB, good versatile RB if he can hold onto the ball, and a great great Tight End. Plus the defense has always been there.

Absolutely agree with you. You know your football.

On the contrary, the Steelers look fantastic right now. They are manhandling the Pats in every way. Big Ben is looking too good to be a rookie.

The addition of Warner to the Giants was absolutely huge.

The truth is our defense has been middling, and our wr's have not had great years to date. Tiki is the only player truly playing above expectations at the skill positions.

But Warner has been absolutely phenomenal. That stats dont ebgin to relay his impact on this team. Absent him we would be bottom dwellers right now in the league.

Coaching has been excellent. The morons who made so much controversy in the preseason were absolutely cluele4ss, and apparently never watch a Jaguars game. This guy could always coach.

The impact of a great receiving tight end is usually never appreciated. The ability to have an extra receiving option on third downs to keep a drive alive is huge. Especially if that receiving option is almost guaranteed to be open because they create a mismatch with the linebacker that is trying to cover them. Such is the case with Shockey for the giants. They might not have 100 yards receiving, but they are a big target on third down and in the red zone and help put points on the board. That is why the Miami Hurricanes have been so good for so many years in the passing game. They always have a great tight end to keep drives alive.

eh shoulda expected that though, for whatever reason the giants always beat us. We can beat the best teams in the league, but giants always have our number.....curse or something

slickdadd said:
On the contrary, the Steelers look fantastic right now. They are manhandling the Pats in every way. Big Ben is looking too good to be a rookie.

yeah therefore proving the pats arent one of the best teams of "all time" like some are saying, the whole nfl is in a slump now. it goes both ways each week.

slickdadd said:
The impact of a great receiving tight end is usually never appreciated. The ability to have an extra receiving option on third downs to keep a drive alive is huge. Especially if that receiving option is almost guaranteed to be open because they create a mismatch with the linebacker that is trying to cover them. Such is the case with Shockey for the giants. They might not have 100 yards receiving, but they are a big target on third down and in the red zone and help put points on the board. That is why the Miami Hurricanes have been so good for so many years in the passing game. They always have a great tight end to keep drives alive.

I don't think anybody is failing to appreciate Shockey. Next to Barber, he is the most potent offensive weapon on the team. And I agree, the postion is often under appreciated. Growing up watching Bavaro play I just don't think too many of them would be Giants fans.

But the story this season is definitely Warner. He is the offense along with a phenomenal year from Barber.Shockey has been a non factor most of the season

Top Bottom