Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pro football, here I come!!!

Excellent, good job SCG. You will always come out on top as long as your intensity is better than the next guy. Congrats!

stonecold....What is your strength and conditioning program look like right now, i am interested to hear. Also,thats a great accomplishment to play proball and good luck. This is coming from another football bro. kick some ass man!

thanks so much for the encouragement guys. i will keep your words in mind when i see other guys letting up. i know coaches just want to see a guy who never stops working.

bigdaddy: i'm 6'2.5", 300 lbs. I plan on playing at about 280 in the arena league because you have to be in such good shape. At my strongest i was putting up 475 on bench. i'm a little off that now. I'm a 5.25 in the 40, which isn't great but will work fine for a center, which is the position i want to try to make it at. besides, i've never had anybody work with me on my speed. my form and technique on a straight ahead 40 is just awful. if i got with a good coach i think i could get down to a sub 5.1. fortunately though, my "game" speed is faster than my 40 indicates, so i look faster than a 5.25 on film.

primobone said:
stonecold....What is your strength and conditioning program look like right now, i am interested to hear. Also,thats a great accomplishment to play proball and good luck. This is coming from another football bro. kick some ass man!

i do track/field work 4 times a week, including footwork drills through a ladder, plyometrics, take offs, strides, sprints, and even some "distance" work (1 mile is distance for me).

i'm in the weightroom 4 times a week also. i'm doing a lot of power snatches, overhead squats, step ups (with dumbells and a high knee kick at the top), one-legged squats, and lunges. for upper body i'm not doing much heavy bench pressing, as i feel i'm strong enough in that movement. I do semi-supinated incline dumbell presses with the dumbells actually touching, as this most closely mimicks the lockout of a linman. one-arm standing dumbell press for my shoulders, as well as push-jerks, plate raises for front delts, and some rear delt work. a get a lot of back work from the snatches, but also isolate with dumbell rows and pull-downs. i don't do much direct work for my bi's or tri's.

Good luck to YOU!

My husband played in a local "semi-pro" league...I hated it, he was always getting hurt (nothing like a bunch of hung-ho juice heads throwing thier weight around without a clue)

Best of luck!

VDL

Congrats to you bro.

Does anyone know if they have real football leagues (full pads) at a recreational level. The only thing I can find are semi-pro leagues.

congrats to you dude. nothing like making a living doing something you love. hopefully my pats will pick you up later on. i see you are in colorado, did you go to school there? good luck.

Holy Shit! You're in Colorado?!?!? Since when is there an Arena League here???? Because if there is, I'm all for it! I'll go to some games for sure!!!!!

Top Bottom