Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing

muscledog

Ive added a boxing routine to my workouts. I go out and hit a heavy bag then do some jump roping. Has anyone experienced any shoulder or wrist pain with doing this? Also, how long do you usually punch for?

Thanks

Hi. For you'r wrist pain buy a long hand wrap, put it snug on you'r wrist. Try doing it for 5 min meduim intensety, 2 min hight intensety then go do jump rope for 5 min. get one min rest, do it for one hour. After a while do it 10 min meduim, 5 min high, 10 on jump rope and one min pause. Other fun boxing execise is the speed bag.

sorry for the spelling

Muscledog, Boxing is a great fat burner and not nearly as boring as doing cardio. I have been boxing for 15 years and still enjoy hitting the heavy bag and speed bag for about 30 min each, between 2 and 3 tiimes a day. It also is great way to get rid of stress and jumping rope will make your calfs grow.

I think boxing training is a great cardio routine, and great for upper body. 10mins on a speedball or a floor to ceiling really works you. It is great for speed and hand-eye co-ordination.
Get into it!

:devil:
Muscledog, don't take this as a flame, but what your doing is not considered a boxer's workout. Your hitting the heavy bag and jumping rope. There is a whole lot more to a boxer's workout then that. If you are serious about starting to learn how to box, go to www.ringside.com and purchase the boxer's workout book. This will tell you everything you need to know to start training. I train (box) seriously spring, summer and fall. I take the winters off for recoup. Your shoulder pain, is it pain or just soreness? While learning to jab thousands of jabs are thrown before this punch is mastered and it will burn like no shoulder workout ever did. Your wrists, if they are wrapped or not can become jammed on the heavy bag so make sure they are stretched out and warmed up before you start wailing away. If you have any more questions put them up or you can PM me. Let me warn you though, once you start your journey into the sweet science it's hard to stop. It's not TaeBo and a good boxer will hold his own in any confrontation.

Oh, im not having any wrist or shoulder problems. I was just curious. Thanks anyway...say do any of you guys have anymore boxing routines I could try. I tried the one and it worked but i want to keep things fresh.lol

yo bigsatan, i was curious that if im attaining mass on my chest and start hitting the heavy bag on a regular basis will i be losing mass on my chest? or overall?

Top Bottom