Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thinking about starting boxing...

seizer

I used to do it when i was 12 till i was about 15. Now im 18, in solid shape as a result of over a year of training and think i would be better suited to get back in it. I just miss using my fists for the reasons they were given to me for :evil:
But, i was also wondering about joining a martial art for something new to. Not necessarily in addition to boxing but as a main "desciplinary fighting" sport. My main purpose for wanting to join is because i want to get in tournaments and shit again, but also, i want to gain some good skills just incase "i need them". I want to be confident i can walk the streets and not get jumped like i have been. What do you guys recommend as a good martial arts to join in terms of one wear i could be considered "lethal". Not that i want to start fights or hurt anyone, i just want something thats...jeeze, i dont know the word...but im sure you know what i mean. Or, do you think i should just stick with boxing. For martial arts i was looking for something with alot of kick and fist work, rather than a judo type approach (which i have a blue belt in) that is merely grapling and take downs.

yeah try to see whats in your area first and then we can recommend somethings..

i would look into som thai boxing if possible, krav maga, systema

and you cant really go wrong w/ boxing especially if you have 3 years under your belt.. you might want to try to take your skills to the next level or just be happy with the base youve built there and move onto a new art..

as far as competitions go most karate type kicking styles have tournaments but they are just point sparring tournaments for the most part.. kinda fun but not too realistic either..so it depends on what your looking to get out of it more.. self defense or competition..

Top Bottom