Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help balancing routine/training

Judo Tom

Plat Hero
Platinum
Ok I learned tons of info on diet/training recovery from reading posts on elite for 2-3 years now and the next 2-3 months i really need to put it all together.. here is what i am going to try to do it seems real simple at first but i do need help and suggestions..

just note that i say lift to weight train and train to do judo/mma

all i really want to do is put on 10-15 real lbs if i gain 20 of and 10 is fat i wont be disappointed but the fat is the least of my worries..

here is where it gets difficult though.. in the next 2-3 months I NEED to train (judo/mma) at least 4 times a week. these workouts are at least 2 hrs long and very very intense/grueling. normally when i want to move up in weight classes i cut the training back a bit and that helps me bulk up this time it is not an option.

I normally train (Judo/mma) Mon/Wed/Fri nites and Sat. morning.

i would think the best time for me to lift would be on tues / thurs

i need suggestions on what time of lifting routine you feel would best lead to mass gain with this type of activity level. and what type of diet would be best as well. i know i need a high level of cals and i was thinking about 25 cals per lb of body weight and at least 1.5grams of protein per lb of body weight..

ok any other questions just ask but if people are not aware the judo/mma workouts take a lot out of ME and are really grueling and the workouts are a huge caloric expenditure both during the workout and during recovery.

I will be ON which definately helps!

Thanks to all who reply and i will definately throw Karma around for help!!!!

Last edited:
To be honest Judo Tom- I would workout on days you have practice, I know it sounds weird but you need as many full rest days as possible. Your weight lifting would have to be short and intense and right to the point.

Mon- Squats and traps

Wens- Powercleans and Weighted pull-ups/or rows

Sat- Flat bench and push press

anything more would be very tough to do unless you were supplementing. the sets shouldn't be taken to failure, but specifiy explosive power with short rest times. Doing direct arm work might hinder you, but maybe a 2-3 sets here and there. good luck

Nice Post! I like the idea of keeping a bunch of FULL rest days I will definately think/try that out and see how it goes..

I definately like the routine you have very simple and straightforward and no wasted exercises..

I was thinking for better results you will need to perfomr Yate's row, close-grip bench, Shrugs, Reverse hyper, shit I just post it...

Mon Squat 8x3 working on speed, may include Chains or bands. Flat Bench 8x3

Wens- Powercleans 8x2 working on full standing catch, 8x3 Push Press, 4x5 powershrugs

Fri- Yate's rows 6x4, , Hack Squats 6x4 Close-grip Bench 8x4 working on Speed

Top Bottom