Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid's Log

mermaid

This is my first ever post. I have been a lurker for a very long time, just reading and learning and promising myself that one day I would take action and make some changes like all you other ladies have been doing. Well, I've been lazy, sat in my sweats, eating junk, knowing that I'm armed with enough info (thanks to EF) to make a difference when the "time was right".

Well, last night having just recovered from my sixth illness this year and half way into my take out and bottle of wine, I was watching Coach Carter on DVD when one of the scenes literally made me stop mid mouthful to really listen:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us, your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

For some reason a light went off in my head. I had a little cry (pity party), threw the takeout in the trash, poured the wine down the sink and committed to coming out of Lurkdom and join the ladies of EF to make a change in my life.

I've read all the stickies, logged on to Fitday, and this is the first post of Mermaid's log. I know it's not going to be easy and I'm worried that I'll fail but hoping that sometimes I can get some encouragement from you ladies who have been through the same. You truly are an inspirational bunch of gals and I feel grateful to have found this board.

So, enough of the talk, let's get serious:

Stats
5'5"
159lbs
Bust 42.5
Waist 33
Hip 42
Thigh 24
Calf 14.5
Bicep 11

I'm 36 in a couple of months

Obviously my goal is lose BF (not sure of current percentage but will get the gym to measure me tomorrow) and increase muscle but ultimately I am sick of being sick and need to get healthy. Who knows, down the track I may have more competitive goals but I had better learn to crawl first.

Anyway, hello everyone. I'll post my diet, exercise, mood etc everyday. Any advice will be well received. Thanks for reading this very long first post!!!

Hey girl! I think that epiphany hits all of us in so many different ways but sometimes we just need to wander down the path of whining (or wining) and self-pity for a bit until we have gotten beyond just feeling sorry for ourselves but getting tired of feeling sorry for ourselves. And the light goes off & we are in control again.

Like NIKE says "JUST DO IT!" (Trust me - Im' still wandering down that path of indecision and lack of action with regard to my resume / career... been doing it for a few yrs now too. )

I agree that it is one thing when you feel crappy because you aren't looking like Susie Currie or Kelly Ryan, but when your whole quality of life is suffering, its time to clean house & get things back in order.

Thanks for your best wishes Velvett, Sassy and Courtney!

Day One

8.00am 1 cup high fibre bran cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk; 1 egg and 5 egg whites

11.00am 1 small apple, 1 tbsp NPB

1.30pm Small can tuna, 2 inch cube feta, spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, 1tbsp pureed eggplant with garlic as dressing

4.30pm 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 small banana

7.00pm 3oz barrimundi, 1/2 cup yams, 1 cup zucchini, 1/4 avocado

1467 cals; P:C:F: 40:34:26

Also 2 large cups green tea and 2 litres water. Not enough water.

Didn't feel hungry and was surprised about that. But then I have never been used to including so much (healthy) fat in a diet.

Don't know how it says I've done over 900 posts; my husband did the first using my log by mistake back in May - I guess a moderator makes these adjustments?

Planning for food is easier than planning for the gym. Ended up having all day meeting so didn't make it. Poor excuse. So I'm getting up for am cardio on an empty stomach tomorrow.

Thanks for that quote......I may have to read that every once and a while. Congrats on getting started....Since I am getting started (again) too, I know that the motivation is the hardest part. I look forward to seeing how you do!!!

Thanks for the welcome, ladies.

Day 2

5.45am 30 mins HIIT cardio (walk/sprint) outdoors.

7.00am Egg white omelette (one yolk), 1 cup grapefruit juice, 1 slice Performax bread (83 cals, 4g fibre per slice)

10.30am 3oz barramundi, 1/2 cup yams, 1/2 cup zucchini, 1/2 cup avocado

1.30pm 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 small banana, 15 almonds

4.30pm 4oz sardines, 1 slice Performax bread

7.00pm Went out for dinner with friends, Japanese, so had a portion of tuna sashimi, a cup of miso soup and 3 green teas. Pleased that I didn't drink alcohol; my friends thought I was sick!

1565 cals P46:C25:F29

Top Bottom