Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid's Log

mermaid said:
Thanks for your best wishes Velvett, Sassy and Courtney!

Day One

8.00am 1 cup high fibre bran cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk; 1 egg and 5 egg whites

11.00am 1 small apple, 1 tbsp NPB

1.30pm Small can tuna, 2 inch cube feta, spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, 1tbsp pureed eggplant with garlic as dressing

4.30pm 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 small banana

7.00pm 3oz barrimundi, 1/2 cup yams, 1 cup zucchini, 1/4 avocado

1467 cals; P:C:F: 40:34:26

Also 2 large cups green tea and 2 litres water. Not enough water.

Didn't feel hungry and was surprised about that. But then I have never been used to including so much (healthy) fat in a diet.

Don't know how it says I've done over 900 posts; my husband did the first using my log by mistake back in May - I guess a moderator makes these adjustments?

Planning for food is easier than planning for the gym. Ended up having all day meeting so didn't make it. Poor excuse. So I'm getting up for am cardio on an empty stomach tomorrow.

GREAT JOB.......add a bit of healthy fats during the day if/when you are hungry...you cals are just a tiny bit too low...never go below 10x cals using bodyweight as a reference.

Hi Mermaid-

That was a great quote and just remember to take it one day at a time!! Even if you go off track , don't look at it as a failure , just tell yourself you "stumbled" a little bit , and tomorrow is a new day.:) Cheating on your diet (just a little bit :) ) or missing a day or two at the gym is nothing compared to not TRYING at all , because at the end , it is the SUM of ALL the GOOD work you have done that will bring you to your goal.

Day 3

7.00am 6 egg whites (one yolk) scrambled, 1 kiwi

9.30am Whey protein shake made with 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup blueberries and 1 tbsp almond butter

Was in a meeting so had to stop for food when the others did - I was so hungry:

1.30pm Sardines, 1 cube feta, spinach salad, cucumbers, cherry toms, eggplant dip

4.30pm 1 1/2 cup vegetarian chili

8.30pm Can tuna, 1/2 cup yams, 1 cup skim milk

2 litres water, 2 cups green tea

1567 cals P44:C31:F26 Fibre 25g

Missed the gym again because of the meeting. I belong to a gym near the office and I work a 1 hour's drive from home. I was expecting to get out at lunchtime a bit more but that's proving harder than I thought. Tonight though, I did go to my bellydancing class. I do it for a bit of a giggle (still got the belly for it but want that to go!) and you do sweat quite a bit. I think the diet won't be as hard as I thought it would (though I haven't hit the weekend yet) but I've got to get my ass in the gym and start lifting.

Day 4

6.30am 1 cup hi bran cereal, 1/2 cup milk, 6 egg whites, 1 yolk

9.00am 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 tbsp peanut butter

12.00 pm Went to gym: 3 sets, max 10 reps per set (to failure)
Flat bench press
Incline dumbell press
Pec Dec
Weight assisted dips
Military press
Lateral raises
Overhead french press

I ache already

1.00pm 3 oz white fish, 1/2 cup yams, 1/2 cup zucchini, 1/2 cup avocado

I will have:

3.30pm Protein shake with 1 cup skim milk, small banana

7.00pm Small can salmon, spinach salad (usual cucumber, tomatoes etc), 1 tbsp eggplant dip, 1/2 tbsp olive oil, balsalmic vinegar

3 litres water, 1 cup green tea

1588 cals, P42:C30:F28 22g fibre

Day 5

6.30am 1 cup hi bran cereal, 1 cup milk, 4 egg whites scrambled (one yolk)

9.30am 2/3 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 tbsp almond butter

12.00am 1 small chicken breast, mixed green salad, 1/2 cup avocado

3.30pm Protein shake with 1 cup skim milk

Decided on having a cheat meal so:

7.00pm 3 slices thin crust supreme pizza, 3 small glasses white wine.

I was amazed how I didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

1879 cals P:34 C:30 F:26 A:11 Fibre 19g

I also had my body fat tested. The guy used sensor thing that he put on the top part of my bicep. Also took my height and weight. Told me that I was at 28%. I have Tanita scales which tell me I'm (average) 35%. I'll post some pics so I can monitor it visually. I'm sure I'm over 30% - I have back fat rolls!

Day 6

Saturday. Decided to go into work, finish up a few things then go to the gym. Was so pissed off because the gym was closed for a weekend town festival so another day I missed. I'm really disappointed with myself for not getting to the gym enough this week and next week will be worse as I am travelling Monday/Tuesday. I know I'm not going to be ble to reach my goals without lifting/cardio. I guess I've got to stop whining and just find a way to do it.

Anyway, had errands to run, got caught up at the mall (waiting for my pants to be fixed) and started to panic because I didn't want to go too long without food. Bought a choc protein bar, not TOO bad, (23g protein) but felt guilty for not eating real food. I've noticed that I'm thinking about food all the time, planning, buying, using fit day and then worrying about it. It's only been a week!

Using this log is good for me though, I didn't realise what a great tool a journal actually is.

8.00am
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tsp honey
1 cup egg whites
1 whole egg

11.30am
4 oz canned salmon
2 slices Performax fibre bread

2.30pm
Chocolate Protein Bar

4.30pm
1 cup canned tuna
1/2 avocado
1/4 cup salsa

Not enough water either, only 1 liter so far.

7.30pm
4oz lean beef steak
Spinach salad
1 cup cucumbers
1 cup tomatoes
sprinkling balsalmic vinegar

Another liter water
2 cups green tea

1547 cals P:47 C:21 F:32

Last edited:
Day 7

Well, it's Sunday and the usual routine was to go for pancakes with my husband. I love pancakes - probably my favourite meal next to anything potato. So instead:

1/2 liter water

7.30am
45 mins cardio, walk/jog, empty stomach

8.45am
1 cup hi bran cereal
3/4 cup skim milk
1 cup egg whites, 1 yolk

1/2 liter water

mermaid said:
Day 7

Well, it's Sunday and the usual routine was to go for pancakes with my husband. I love pancakes - probably my favourite meal next to anything potato. So instead:

1/2 liter water

7.30am
45 mins cardio, walk/jog, empty stomach

8.45am
1 cup hi bran cereal
3/4 cup skim milk
1 cup egg whites, 1 yolk

1/2 liter water

12.00pm
1/2 avocado
1 cup tuna
1/4 cup salsa

More water, 2 cups green tea

Got another headache, I've had a few this week but putting it down to clearing the crap out of my body.

Hi and welcome to EF! :wavey:

It's great to see another logger! Great job with it so far!

Top Bottom