Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DC Training - My log

just finished back, biceps, forearms - too tired to update this tonight...will get to it tomorow

Workout 18: Back width, back thickness, biceps, forearms

Back width: Wide-grip-behind the nack lat pulldown

150 lbs x 12
175 lbs x 10
210 lbs x 6
255 lbs x 4

275 lbs x 9
rest/pause
275 lbs x 4
rest/pause
275 lbs x 2

Back thickness: T-Bar rows - wide grip

70 lbs x 10
115 lbs x 6

150 lbs x 10
rest/pause
150 lbs x 4
rest/pause
150 lbs x 3

Biceps: alternating dumbell curls

55 lbs x 8
65 lbs x 6

Drop set:
75 lbs x 8
65 lbs x 5
55 lbs x 5

Forearms: Rope curls

150 lbs x 12
rest/pause
150 lbs x 5
rest/pause
150 lbs x 4

Workout 19: Chest, shoulders, triceps

Chest: Incline Bench Press

135 lbs x 12
185 lbs x 10
225 lbs x 6
275 lbs x 4

225 lbs x 20 -------------------> NEW REP PR
rest/pause
225 lbs x 3
rest/pause
225 lbs x 1

Shoulders: Military press on smith machine

135 lbs x 10
185 lbs x 6
225 lbs x 4

245 lbs x 13 -------------------> NEW REP PR
rest/pause
245 lbs x 2
rest/pause
245 lbs x 3 (don't know how it increased lol)

Triceps: Narrow grip pressdowns

110 lbs x 6
125 lbs x 4

170 lbs x 12
rest/pause
170 lbs x 5
rest/pause
170 lbs x 4

what rep range are you going for?

If you want to hit a bigger weight, just drop the reps a bit. You hit 20, then 3??? Shit bro, usually DC is a 12-20 rep range, you're hitting over that...time to move that weight up. maybe 275 on that incline? Maybe more? Rep range should look something like, 8-4-2, or 10-6-3 at the upper end. You're hitting 20, then only 3...that's because your weight was too low. You just did a widowmaker, and tried to turn it into a rp set. That's why you only hit 3.

Maybe it's time to think about cruising too. You may be starting to burn out. 13 then 2?? Usually the 2nd part of the rp set is about half the reps of the first part. I would consider cruising. When you do cruise, go back to IM and re-read all the stickies about 2-3 more times (I still pick something up, and I've read them like 10-20 times each!). And seriously consider doing the 2 way split.

what rep range are you going for?

If you want to hit a bigger weight, just drop the reps a bit. You hit 20, then 3??? Shit bro, usually DC is a 12-20 rep range, you're hitting over that...time to move that weight up. maybe 275 on that incline? Maybe more? Rep range should look something like, 8-4-2, or 10-6-3 at the upper end. You're hitting 20, then only 3...that's because your weight was too low. You just did a widowmaker, and tried to turn it into a rp set. That's why you only hit 3.

Maybe it's time to think about cruising too. You may be starting to burn out. 13 then 2?? Usually the 2nd part of the rp set is about half the reps of the first part. I would consider cruising. When you do cruise, go back to IM and re-read all the stickies about 2-3 more times (I still pick something up, and I've read them like 10-20 times each!). And seriously consider doing the 2 way split.

The problem is not that I've burned myself out, the problem is that DC says your warm up sets should not be taxing, but I go heavy on my warm up sets, then by the time I'm at the RP set, it's sometimes already too heavy for me to do a 15 rep range set...so I decrease the weight. I'm starting to do a lot less reps though...look at what I've done in the few workouts before that and don't just look at that last one. I did 20 reps on 225 becasue I just wanted to see if I could. If you'd notice, I usally do a much heavier RP set on bench, but I wanted to try it out....I try things out sometimes to see how my body would respond to it...nothing wrong with that I think.

Also I'm not short changing myself bro, I'm hitting PRs on almost every workout or every other workout, and those aren't signs of fatigue...too soon for me to start cruising. I disagree with that there is a specific range for you to stop DC and start cruising...I think if you're body is still responding to it very well and you're not hurting yourself....if it's working for me still, and making me stronger and bigger, then why stop?

Top Bottom