Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DC Training - My log

The problem is not that I've burned myself out, the problem is that DC says your warm up sets should not be taxing, but I go heavy on my warm up sets, then by the time I'm at the RP set, it's sometimes already too heavy for me to do a 15 rep range set...so I decrease the weight. I'm starting to do a lot less reps though...look at what I've done in the few workouts before that and don't just look at that last one. I did 20 reps on 225 becasue I just wanted to see if I could. If you'd notice, I usally do a much heavier RP set on bench, but I wanted to try it out....I try things out sometimes to see how my body would respond to it...nothing wrong with that I think.

then stop going so heavy on warmups! lol! I know you are decreasing the sets/reps on your warmups, and that's good. I didn't know you were trying to do a 20 rep set, I was just basing my comment off of this:

I'd be more excited when I hit some more weight PRs :D

You're right bro, let your body tell you when to cruise. I guess I was misinterpreting what was going on. :)

then stop going so heavy on warmups! lol! I know you are decreasing the sets/reps on your warmups, and that's good. I didn't know you were trying to do a 20 rep set, I was just basing my comment off of this:

You're right bro, let your body tell you when to cruise. I guess I was misinterpreting what was going on. :)

Thanks bro...yes, I've really learned to listen to my body and I should go a little lighter on warm ups or push myself to lift heavier for more reps on RP set.

Workout 20: Calves, hams, quads

Calves: seated calf raises (tried for straight sets this time, no RP set)
45 lbs x 12
90 lbs x 10
135 lbs x 8
175 lbs x 8

Hams: leg raises

95 lbs x 12
120 lbs x 10
140 lbs x 6

155 lbs x 8
rest/pause
155 lbs x 5
rest/pause
155 lbs x 4

Quads: Squats

135 lbs x 12
225 lbs x 10 -----> usually, I do this 6 times, pushed it to 10 and it felt good
275 lbs x 6 -----> usually, I do this 4 times, pushed it to 6 and it felt good
295 lbs x 4 -----> went below 90 on 3 of them, the fourth just above 90

I am accustomed to do my WM with 135 lbs. I decided to go a little heavier this time.

155 lbs x 22 ---------------> WM REP / weight PR

I got really nauseous and threw up in the parking lot. Could barely walk too.

Workout 20: Calves, hams, quads

Calves: seated calf raises (tried for straight sets this time, no RP set)
45 lbs x 12
90 lbs x 10
135 lbs x 8
175 lbs x 8

Hams: leg raises

95 lbs x 12
120 lbs x 10
140 lbs x 6

155 lbs x 8
rest/pause
155 lbs x 5
rest/pause
155 lbs x 4

Quads: Squats

135 lbs x 12
225 lbs x 10 -----> usually, I do this 6 times, pushed it to 10 and it felt good
275 lbs x 6 -----> usually, I do this 4 times, pushed it to 6 and it felt good
295 lbs x 4 -----> went below 90 on 3 of them, the fourth just above 90

I am accustomed to do my WM with 135 lbs. I decided to go a little heavier this time.

155 lbs x 22 ---------------> WM REP / weight PR

I got really nauseous and threw up in the parking lot. Could barely walk too.

Nice job on the widowmaker squats! If you puked you know you were doing something right:D Next time put 175 on there!

Nice job on the widowmaker squats! If you puked you know you were doing something right:D Next time put 175 on there!

haha we'll see...it didn't feel too good right after I'll tell you that and my knees and legs are STILL sore after 3 days

haha we'll see...it didn't feel too good right after I'll tell you that and my knees and legs are STILL sore after 3 days

I did a double set of widowmaker's 2 weeks ago, 1x20x165, then 1x20x175, with only a minute of rest between them. I did that on a Monday, and my legs were still sore that Friday.:evil: I was walking around school all funny and people kept asking me what was wrong with my legs:D

I did a double set of widowmaker's 2 weeks ago, 1x20x165, then 1x20x175, with only a minute of rest between them. I did that on a Monday, and my legs were still sore that Friday.:evil: I was walking around school all funny and people kept asking me what was wrong with my legs:D

haha...yeh, I'm walking around work funny that's for sure. When you're not used to WMs they can really f you up

Top Bottom