Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DC Training - My log

Leaving the gym entirely will hurt me psychologically. I cannot accept it. I can go light for a week or so...do voulme training, hypertrophy, endurance training, etc...but I can't take time off for more than a few days...

I'm not planning to take a break for another month at least.

Wait and see what you think in a month. Connective tissue, joints etc can only take so much. You have to deload. And that doesnt mean go light and STILL push to failure. At some point its just too much for your CNS and you will burn out fast.

lol, i see the insomnia source flowing through these words.

I would recommend a full week off from weight training. But that doesn't mean you don't go to the gym. You still have to do restorative low intensity stuff like walking.

If you go to a big gym that has classes, that week is the time to hang out with the girls in the yoga/pilates/etc classes. No hardcore cycling or anything. Just nice and easy restorative movement that keeps the circulation going.

haha...if i'm not lifting heavy and pushing myself, i don't feel like I accomplished much, but yeh definately...I'll give it an easy week, once i'm ready to take a break ;)

I can assure you my insomnia is a lot more deep rooted than gym issues

Work in whatever ROM you can. A friend of mine did box squats higher than mine to make concessions with his hip bursitis. You do what you need to. :)

Work in whatever ROM you can. A friend of mine did box squats higher than mine to make concessions with his hip bursitis. You do what you need to. :)

My squat and deadlift was nothing special, but I was able to do reps on 405 lbs for squats and I did 495 lbs x 4 for deadlift.

After I got injured, I ONLY RECENTLY was able to get those back to:

365 lbs x 1 for deadlift
315 lbs x 2 for squat

I think it's going to take me some more time to get those back up to par. My goal is to be able to do 5-6 reps with 405 lbs both squats and deadlifts in the next year.

I have no doubt you will be BEYOND what you were doing. Be safe. Use a belt in your training. WARM UP ALOT. Light wraps for the knees if you need it. Get some icy hot or something to keep on your lower back/upper glute area for training.

Top Bottom