Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tiger Woods on 60 minutes now

PICK3 said:
That's surprising. He seems pretty humble ... considering all the shit he's accomplished.

Yeah, I agree. He did just say that he was the first person to have all 4 major trophies on the mantle at the same time. Which is true.

JavaGuru said:
Yeah, but I wouldn't trade places with him; I've heard he's an arrogant prick.

I would find it odd for him not to be arrogant with his accomplishments, and most importantly being a billionaire

JavaGuru said:
Yeah, but I wouldn't trade places with him; I've heard he's an arrogant prick.

i guess when you are the world top golfer, on tv since 3 years old, have a green beret as a father and are the highest paid athlete ever people tend to accuse you of being arrogant. Oh did I mention he is married to a model and has one of the largest charities? Personally I don't like him because I enjoyed the pga before the days of Tiger but I do respect him.

PICK3 said:
That's surprising. He seems pretty humble ... considering all the shit he's accomplished.
Years ago, when he was under age, a friend of mine refused to serve him at a bar and he made a scene with the, "Yeah but I'm Tiger Woods" line. Don't confuse a good publicist with personality. My friend is also the son of a golf pro and they played in tournaments together as teens. All my info is second hand but it's probably more reliable than the media sound bites.

sfmonster said:
i guess when you are the world top golfer, on tv since 3 years old, have a green beret as a father and are the highest paid athlete ever people tend to accuse you of being arrogant. Oh did I mention he is married to a model and has one of the largest charities? Personally I don't like him because I enjoyed the pga before the days of Tiger but I do respect him.
He's still a human being and shits like the rest of us, just because he can swing a golf club doesn't make him a god. I have more respect for his father, who contributed something more than revenue for some corporation and himself to society. Your worth as a human being isn't based on what you have but who you are. My father was a navy corpsman in WWII on Tarawa and Iwo Jima and I have 1000x more respect for him than any professional athlete who gets paid to play a game. Perhaps he established a well financed charity but he's still living the high life and no "Mother Theresa." A friend of mine in the Army golfed with him in their teens and said he was a dick back then too.

JavaGuru said:
He's still a human being and shits like the rest of us, just because he can swing a golf club doesn't make him a god. I have more respect for his father, who contributed something more than revenue for some corporation and himself to society. Your worth as a human being isn't based on what you have but who you are. My father was a navy corpsman in WWII on Tarawa and Iwo Jima and I have 1000x more respect for him than any professional athlete who gets paid to play a game. Perhaps he established a well financed charity but he's still living the high life and no "Mother Theresa." A friend of mine in the Army golfed with him in their teens and said he was a dick back then too.

Nice, I'm a green beret so that puts gets me as much respect as tiger. Now if only the ladies would understand this! I'm sure he is a dick sometime and others not, just like the rest of us.

pdaddy said:
I would find it odd for him not to be arrogant with his accomplishments, and most importantly being a billionaire
How does having possessions and fame excuse you from common courtesy? I've never understood why people venerate those who are over paid to play a game. Let's gift groundbreaking scientists and doctors with multi million dollar Nike contracts for making breakthroughs that actually improve society.

JavaGuru said:
How does having possessions and fame excuse you from common courtesy? I've never understood why people venerate those who are over paid to play a game. Let's gift groundbreaking scientists and doctors with multi million dollar Nike contracts for making breakthroughs that actually improve society.

Hey I got your back on this one. I agree that is how it should be, lawyers should get paid average, teachers and scientists should be up there with docs. That is a perfect world though, one we don't live in.

sfmonster said:
Nice, I'm a green beret so that puts gets me as much respect as tiger. Now if only the ladies would understand this! I'm sure he is a dick sometime and others not, just like the rest of us.
I said that I respected his father,the general population doesn't, I'm a combat veteran and I respect everyone who has served more than him. I'm speaking from what people who spent time with him and actually encountered him said. Unless you've spent time with him then you can't say, "I'm sure" of anything. There are olympic athletes who have worked from a young age to dominate their sport but they'll never see this type of money because it isn't marketable. People kissing his ass has probably jaded him, like most of those in the spotlight; The mass media made him into a marketing icon.

Top Bottom