Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Routine for sprinting

buffal2001

Hey Guys,

Just wanted some advice on weights for sprinting (200m). At the moment im thinking of twice a week aswell as the two track sessions that im doing in preparation for outdoors. Ive laid off the lifting for a while with university pressures but need to get some power back to help me on the track. Anyway, i was thinking of doing cleans, snatches, squats (front and back) and push/military press...any advice on how to put this one together?

power cleans will get you exploding out of the blocks, but uperbody is more important then you think when it comes to sprinting. last year at the first meet of the year i ran a 13.68, this year, same place first meet, after working out most of the summer with bench i was down to 11.6 in the 100m dash. i weigh 170, bench 260, power clean 225,, cant do squats do to a back problem which would result in a nerve getting pinched. keep lifting, it will pay off. it did for me, then again we are only a 2 A school, so the competition isnt as much as in a 3A or 4A good luck on the track!

buffal2001 said:
Hey Guys,

Just wanted some advice on weights for sprinting (200m). At the moment im thinking of twice a week aswell as the two track sessions that im doing in preparation for outdoors. Ive laid off the lifting for a while with university pressures but need to get some power back to help me on the track. Anyway, i was thinking of doing cleans, snatches, squats (front and back) and push/military press...any advice on how to put this one together?

Bench will help sprinting capability, but not a lot. It will only help with arm drive, which is a key component, but not a major area. Focusing on plyometrics and explosive lifts during the same workout will help your goals. Ie. doing a set of snatches and then doing a set of depth jumps or standing long jumps.

About your workout plans:

So basically you will be doing track work 4 times a week?
How often were you going to be working out?

Cheers

Re: Re: Routine for sprinting

TxRugby_8 said:

Bench will help sprinting capability, but not a lot. It will only help with arm drive, which is a key component, but not a major area. Focusing on plyometrics and explosive lifts during the same workout will help your goals. Ie. doing a set of snatches and then doing a set of depth jumps or standing long jumps.

About your workout plans:

So basically you will be doing track work 4 times a week?
How often were you going to be working out?

Cheers

Hey guys,

cheers for the replies...at the moment i can fit in 2 track sessions and 2 weights sessions all of which are pretty intense. My coach told me that bench can be negative when it comes to speed if done in excess and told me to focus on cleans snatches and squats aswell as these exercises in which you hold a 2.5/5 kg plate and pump your arms as if sprinting which is very specific to running. This is my planned workout so far;

1. Warm up and stretch (focus on abs and lower back)
2. Snatches - 4 sets of 3-5
3. Cleans - " "
4. Squats- (any recommendations on sets/reps????)
5. Military Press- 4 sets of 5
6. Standing arm sprints- 3 sets
7. Abductors- 3 sets ( apparantly good for prevention of injury exploding out of blocks)

any recommendations?

cheers

Top Bottom