Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gym Courtesy

I have about 3 to 4 kids from high school that are always using one machine for about 15 minutes, just talking, standing around - annoys the hell out of me esp. when I need to use it and I have to laugh because they really don't know what the hell they are doing and they are there every day so I don't even get a break - I'm hoping they change their time when school is let out. Also, cell phones - people pay big bucks for a trainer and they stand and talk on their cell phones. I'm sure 1 hour you can live without using the phone. ALso, people that don't take the weights off the machine they are using. Very inconsiderate.:mix:

I'm going to post my funny gym story in this thread now just for the sake of letting others know about this guy I met.

Scenario: 8:00pm Monday evening (yesterday) at the gym I am a member of.

I have gone to the leg press machine in order to do my calf training for the evening, I'm going to be doing standing raises on the machine.

I do my warm ups and go up to my working weight, as I get off the machine to stretch I notice this guy standing right in my personal space next to me looking at me (I have ear phones on and loud music so it takes a lot to get my attention). I ask him if he is waiting for the leg press machine, he asks if he can do sets of 10 between my sets. I say yes as I am pretty aimiable when I am not completely focused on lifting a weight.

Okay the machine is set at maximum distance from the weights because I am doing calf raises, the guy gets on the machine and uses it for typical leg pressing, now you need to note his range of motion was so low it was a joke due to the machine being set up for calf raises, he does them really fast and I swear he never breathed. That's fine he might be doing a speed set, i don't judge. I get on for my set and I do my set of calf raises which took me some time as I was doing a fair few and it was tough as hell for me. As I get off the machine the guy starts talking to me, he says "you should try doing them like I do them, watch this" he gets on the machine and does exactly what he did before i.e. leg pressing but hardly moving due to him being hardly able to bend his legs due to it being set up for calf raises.

I was hoping he knew what he was doing and I could gain some pointers off him. But when he told me how his way worked the legs much better particularly the top part I almost fell over in disbelief. He didn't realise I was doing calf raises, I tried explaining to him how I was doing calf raises, after talking to him for a short while longer it became apparent he never trained calves. I was subject to watching him bounce up and down "working" his quads for the full 6 inches range of movement he had. Then I was deafened as he just lets the weights go on the negative (every time he just let the weights go especially at the end of the set).

Of course the dude was seriously fat and in absolute dire shape i.e his belly was by far his most prominent feature with limbs which were just regular size at best.

What topped it off was later on at about 8:45pm when I was doing forearm curls with a barbell not far from the leg press machine and I saw the same guy go and do the exact same thing to someone else. I could have cried.

I hate it when people don't rerack their weights.

Or when you have plates by the squat rack and it's obvious you're using them, and someone takes them while you are off getting a mouthful of water.

I guess if so many people didn't leave the weights lying everywhere when they were done the above wouldn't happen. RERACK THE PLATES DAMMIT!!

If they're too heavy to rerack all at once, view the walk to and from the rack with each individual plate as extra cardio. I can rerack my plates, and I carry the 20kg ones one at a time, as my upper body is pretty weak still.

Also, reracking them between sets when you are done with one set of plates is a good way to make sure you rest long enough.

most anoying thing to date:
i was doing military presses on the smith machine and working heavy. I was on rep 5 of an an 8 rep set, my face is red as a turnip from the strain and some kid asks me how many sets i had left. I wanted to stop the set - rip the kids arm out of his sockets and proceed to beat him with them.. but it was onlly a kid who does not know any better... still rude though..

great article about the subject:
http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/254tc.jsp

louden_swain said:
I hate it when people have a posedown in front of the mirror. Can this be done at home in front of your own mirror?

It is embarrasing and makes other people feel uncomfortable.

I thought that the gym is a place to train?

Unless your an 'Arnold" type person, and have won, or is winning competitions and look REALLY good, then its ok... But not if you weigh 115 pounds and only do DB culrs and cable flyes... trust me, ive seen that happen

i disagree Oak

one guy shouldn't be able to pose in front of the mirrors just because he is in better shape than others. Either everyone has a right to pose, or no one does, there shouldnt be a pecking order at the gym

i disagree Oak

one guy shouldn't be able to pose in front of the mirrors just because he is in better shape than others. Either everyone has a right to pose, or no one does, there shouldnt be a pecking order at the gym

I train at Golds Gym and everyone friendly and helpful.. . . its never an ego war to see who can lift the most. There aren't that many dipshits working out at Golds.

I rarely ever see any acts of studpidity. . . .this might suprise a few people.

I train at Golds Gym and everyone is friendly and helpful.. . . its never an ego war to see who can lift the most. There aren't that many dipshits working out at Golds.

I rarely ever see any acts of studpidity. . . .this might suprise a few people.

I just love laughing at the scrawny bastards who I see in the gym 2x a week, and all they ever do is train their biceps..... absolutely raping them with like 20 sets... I almost piss myself.... especially the ones wearing wife beaters.... ahhh...

Top Bottom