Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

got my right hand going

Lord_Suston

well after about month of me going back into boxing with a trainer again I have had to re-evaluate my fighting form once again:bawling: . Actually my first and foremost problem was my stance was wrong. I was too wide and leaning in to far when I threw out my jabs and rights. I blame this on too much grappling and karate where most people have a little wider stances.

So after the last month they have tied my feet together and use bands, made me wear boots and strap on leg weights all in effort to work on footspeed and placement. Finally have gotten my form back, that's right. Planting my front foot and torqueing at the hips while driving with the back foot. full rotation with a straight snapping right, lacking shoulder interference. it was sweet hitting the water bag (150lbs) and making that sucker sing and move.

I figure about after another month I can get my jab perfected to the point of using it as a weapon, not just a tool to feel out opponents.

On a side note they want me to compete again but I don't think i will since it involves to much loss in mucsle mass

cool stuff :)

i take it you'd lose a lot of the muscle from all the cardio?

you said shoulder interference? you mean that your shoulder now 'pops' foward synchronised with the punch as opposed to holding it up?

what kinda exercises did you do with the leg weights? was it literally evasion exercises with the weights on toget the speed?

one of the biggest problems i have is that whenever i use my jab, the target (bag, focus mitt etc) moves too far foward so i have to wait (almost an eternity with the mitt) for it to come back for a cross. it REALLY shows when hitting a body shield as my jab is then pathetically weak and i have to get verbally corrected to get it to full power :)

i take it you'd lose a lot of the muscle from all the cardio?

I would lose a lot of muscle from the cardio and a lot of strength. Eventhough I want to be able to fight well you need strength for grappling, especially legs. Boxers have little chicken legs and I'm not down with that.....

you said shoulder interference? you mean that your shoulder now 'pops' foward synchronised with the punch as opposed to holding it up?

Actually my shoulder was too stiff and I had to sort of hook my straights because I was too inflexable. Now my shoulder stays down and rigid untill the moment of contact where they explode with my whole arm through the target

what kinda exercises did you do with the leg weights? was it literally evasion exercises with the weights on to get the speed?

Movement drills mostly, having a guy chase you around the ring swinging at you, while you can only block and dodge makes you get fast real quick. Also I have added sprints into my whole scheme of things.

one of the biggest problems i have is that whenever i use my jab, the target (bag, focus mitt etc) moves too far foward so i have to wait (almost an eternity with the mitt) for it to come back for a cross. it REALLY shows when hitting a body shield as my jab is then pathetically weak and i have to get verbally corrected to get it to full power :)

You might be 'holding' back you full reach to compensate for the lack of range on the right hand. when jabbing most people lean back and then move forward with the right for better range. this creates a short jab. try extending your jab and then step in 2 inches with you back foot and drive forward with your hip at the same moment, then recoil your right arm and jab with body leaning slightly forward....

Lord_Suston said:

Actually my shoulder was too stiff and I had to sort of hook my straights because I was too inflexable. Now my shoulder stays down and rigid untill the moment of contact where they explode with my whole arm through the target

You might be 'holding' back you full reach to compensate for the lack of range on the right hand. when jabbing most people lean back and then move forward with the right for better range. this creates a short jab. try extending your jab and then step in 2 inches with you back foot and drive forward with your hip at the same moment, then recoil your right arm and jab with body leaning slightly forward....

yeah, i am holding back on it, the short jab sounds interesting, i think i'll give it a go! thanks

I began training in Tae Kwon Do and switched to Open Style Karate Fighting...I had to learn how to use my hands.

It took me years to go from a top ranked TKD Jr. Olympic Fighter to a top notch NASKA Karate Fighter...my hands were horrible. It took me so many years to get my left hand to be effective in a fight...

B True

Top Bottom