Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding and Grappling?

Tony104104

How does one go about weight training(bodybuilding) and grappling at the same time?

I tried this on two separate occasions and never last more than 3 months! My body either overtrains or im too sore to do one or the other....Does this only happen to me?:confused:

I would appreciate any advice....

Tony

i'd guess the things in this thread would help
http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=225710

i've never done a totally grappling style, but i'd imagine regular grappling woul be more taxing on the muscles....even though in striking i have to put up with a lot of fitness work

just make sure you try and get your training split good and eat lots i guess

I personally think you would be better off with a powerlifting approach. Since in wrestling you need strength and gripping power. Not to say Bodybuilders aren't strong they are primarily conceerned with size. Where powerlifters work on brute strength and a lot of core stability.

I personally think you would be better off with a powerlifting approach. Since in wrestling you need strength and gripping power. Not to say Bodybuilders aren't strong they are primarily conceerned with size. Where powerlifters work on brute strength and a lot of core stability.

I've been thinking about this...Only problem is i love the bodybuilding style of weight lifting so damn much!

Tony104104 said:

I've been thinking about this...Only problem is i love the bodybuilding style of weight lifting so damn much!

Ya, but the problem is, they just don't go hand in hand to well.

Read Realgainz's sticky on the womens board. It's titled, "How to train properly without steroids" or somthing like that. It talks about lifting twice a week and cutting out the isolation work. I think this can also be titled, How to weight train properly while grappling" :D I'm getting back on the mat soon and will incorperate that into my training.

One day is uper body; deads, bench, military, maybe weighted dips, maybe straight bar curls. Done

day two is legs; squats, calf raises. Done

This would help over training. Read his post. If you concetrat on upping the weight, even in small increments every week, you will be better off than doing all the isolation work. Unless you are on steroids or geneticly gifted.

T Bone

Top Bottom