Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone here a boxer or do boxing training?

beefybull

Banned
Just wondering about your experiences and training. I think I have the natural ability to be a great boxer if I can get my speed a bit better. Never lost a fight yet but then again, thats not boxing. I'd like to know how often you train, techniques, tips, etc. Any help is appreciated.

Boxed for 8 years as an amateur.To be on top of your game in the ring,cardiovascular conditioning is the #1 factor of determination.Running mile after mile daily at a brisk pace will often times be the difference between winning and losing.The fight is more than often won or lost not in the ring,but in the preperation prior to your entrance into it.Also,never underestimate the strategy of a good body attack to start out a fight.Don't get caught up in head hunting in every fight.I won most of my fights most impressively when I went all out on the guys body in the first round...Also,work on developing the most important punch in all of boxing:THE JAB.The jab sets everything up and can single-handedly control the tempo of the fight,as well as which area of the ring it is fought.

I studied various martial arts styles since I was a kid... but fell in love with working the heavy bag. Now boxing training is the only fight style that really interests me. There are a lot of guys here who box. Most post on the training board more than here in chat.

endurance and angles win you a fight, any fool can throw a knockout punch, but if it never lands or you are too tired to throw it after 30sec prepare to get your head smashed in.... go to the training board I have posted there a little on this subject... Huck is right about the jab, but to be a great fighter you need head and body movement, quick reaction time and great technique to allow crisp and powerful punches....

I never took any lessons, or had anything of a sanctioned competition nature happening, but I did use as my cardio training, working the 100 pound bag, for several years before it started to take its' toll on my elbow joints. I built up good power. Once you get the timing and the hips into it, it will sound like you are hitting the bag with an alluminum bat. Now with this Carpel Tunnel I have from GH, who knows if I'll ever be able to get that back, even though I havn't been doing heavy bag work in years. I'm still quite sure that I can throw a nice heymaker!:D:D

Last edited:
Go 30 rounds a week, 3 1/2 minute rounds, 30 second rest, its hectic. Huck had solid advice, especially the magic of the jab. peace

I use to box on the amateur circuit two years ago but I do still use some of my basic training learned like the cardio part of it. I love jumping rope at different intensity and hitting the heavy bag for a great cardio session. Also if your endurance isn't up to pare you're most likely to lose the fight for poor conditioning.

Thanks for the advice guys!

And luckily I didnt get a bunch of thai boxers posting, I should have clarified that I meant regular boxing.

I know some people might not agree, but Mike Tyson really is an inspiration to me. I dont agree with 100% of what he says and does, but when you look at his past, you can see why he does it. He's the greatest boxer ever IMO. A lot of people will give the Ali argument, but Tyson in his prime was unstoppable. Without his jail time and 1 year suspension, you can tack another 10-15 wins onto his already very impressive record. I also believe that if he had come into the Lewis fight with better trainers or prepared for the jab, he would have dominated. At least he knows what to expect for the rematch. In round 1 of their fight, Lewis looked absolutely scared. Rounds 2-4 were somewhat even, rounds 5-8 were one-sided, but proof that Tyson is one tough, tough man. Lewis said he couldnt take him out earlier BECAUSE HIS HANDS WERE HURT FROM CONNECTING SO HARD and Mike hadnt gone down. They showed replays and the punches he took were absolutely sick. The average person would have had brain damage. Another sickening thought... if he'd won, you know all the reporters who dogged on him after the fight would have been KISSING HIS ASS.

Some things to download on Kazaa:
Tyson vs. Michael Spinks (1988) - Michael Spinks had never even been knocked down in a fight and Mike ended it in the first round

Tyson vs. Lou Savarese (2001?) - Mike knocked him down in the first 15 seconds and less than a minute later, the ref stopped the fight. Pure domination

"Mike Tyson Collection #01" - Badass clips set to music of Mike doing what he does best

Top Bottom