Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aandd's Journal...

ScorpioGirl said:
I know what you mean, today is my Grandmother's birthday and we're going to Outback - but I can still have a steak, chicken or fish. Not quite as bad as pizza - but it sure sounds yummy!

Just a quick tip though, if you're on a low carb day, you might want to eliminate any fruit. Simple sugars and low carb just don't belong in the same day. If you want something sweet (and this isn't a WHOLE lot better - but still better) try a baked yam or sweet potato with some splenda and/or cinnamon sprinkled on it.

If you look on page 3, post #27 there is a link and a reference to the carb cycling program I'm trying out. Two posts up from that there is a quote from his carb cycling plan.

It calls for a small piece of fruit with all meals that have carbs - 2 on low carb day and 3 on high carb day. I've found a lot of people that have had success on this program... of course they probably didn't eat a huge fooking piece of cake either. LOL.

Well, I guess you'll know after you've been doing the program for a couple of weeks.

I'm a fruit phobe! Any fruit makes me feel guilty!!! lol I have blueberries in my fruit drawer that I bought last weekend and I can't get myself to eat them just yet - I better hurry or they'll spoil, but I just have this mental thing with simple sugars!

I have the same problem with sweet potatoes - can't reach for one of those either for some reason. Have some sitting there staring at me, but I can't do it!

I bloat REALLY easy from carbs so I'm paranoid!!! lol

Hope the carb cycling works for you. Let us know what you think in a couple weeks!!:)

...and Velvet....I'm sorry :( You can get back to them!!! Put up a pic of you wearing them or something! MOTIVATE :)

ScorpioGirl said:
Well, I guess you'll know after you've been doing the program for a couple of weeks.

I'm a fruit phobe! Any fruit makes me feel guilty!!! lol I have blueberries in my fruit drawer that I bought last weekend and I can't get myself to eat them just yet - I better hurry or they'll spoil, but I just have this mental thing with simple sugars!

I have the same problem with sweet potatoes - can't reach for one of those either for some reason. Have some sitting there staring at me, but I can't do it!

Hope the carb cycling works for you. Let us know what you think in a couple weeks!!:)

Since I am relatively "new" to not stuffing whatever-the-hell I want in my piehole, I haven't reached the guilt phase yet. LOL. :) Eating healthy, often, and with regard to macro ratios is something I've only done for a month or so. I don't really know, mentally, that I could go without fruit at this point. Only recently have I started weeding out the worse fruits, like grapes, melons, and bananas.

ScorpioGirl said:

I think I bloat from FISH. Is that possible? Now that I've cut everythign but the basics out of my diet, it's been very easy to see when I feel full and bubbly in the tummy. Yes yes, everyone told me so. I know. LOL. ;)

On the fish thing....I don't know....I guess anything is possible. It just depends on what your body thinks! If you try it a few times and every time you have the same problem, it just might be that you don't tolerate it well.

Good job on getting the other fruits out of the diet. Once you've done the diet thing for a while, you'll know what to tweak and what works well for you. Good Posting!!:)

Ohhhh yah.... TOTAL cheat afternoon. I'll spend all next weeks cardio taking today back off my hips.

*pffffffwwwwwww* Blows dust off of log.

7:30 AM
Protein Shake, 1 scoop
3/4 c. Oatmeal w/ Splenda & Cinnamon

8:20 AM
WORKOUT: Back & Bi's.

11:00 AM
5 ozs. Chix Breast
2 TBSP Picante Sauce
1/2 c. Green Beans
2 TBSP ANPB

1:30 PM
Protein Smoothie: 1/2 serving Vanilla Protein Mix, 1/3 c. Berry Medley (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, red raspberries)

3:30 PM
3 HB egg whites
I meant to eat Chix and a veggie here... but my throat just closed up at the thought of another Chix breast. I sure do wish there were more sources of protein that I liked... LOL.

5:30 PM
Pumpkin Spice Frappuchino. This seemed like a safe choice, since it's basically a cold coffee with pumpkin spice blended in... but holy hell the fat and carbs on this thing were OFF THE CHART. I asked for the nutrition info before I ordered, but the guy didn't know where they kept it, so I couldn't check until I had gotten home.

7:00 PM
4 ozs Chix Breast w/ low cal sesame dressing
1/2 c. broccoli
1/4 c. green beans

Total: 1792 cals
Fat: 64 g 574 cals 34%
Carbs: 139 g 490 cals 29%
Protein: 155 g 621 cals 37%

Last edited:
Forgot my cardio yesterday: 45 minutes, Precor

8:00 AM
Cardio, 40 minutes, Precor