Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aandd's Journal...

After giving it some serious thought... I think I AM going to drop the NO Carb day. Sticking to the diet is not difficult on NO CARB day, but I find my mood is really REALLY bitchy by about 3 or 4 pm. And since I am home alone every evening with the boys (hubby works nights) it gets pretty stressful trying not to be the evil mom when my boys are both tired and grouchy themselves. They depend on me to stay even-keeled.

Also, eating a protein five times a day was getting a bit old. So, I guess I'll go back to a different split. My weight jumped up when I was at 60/20/20... so I'll have to run some numbers on protein to find a new split. Or maybe do the diet someone else mentioned... Low carb 3 days, then a high carb day.

The GOOD thing about the HI/LO/NO carb diet was that it was easy. Introducing more choices into my diet will probably make it tougher for me to stick to it. I find I do much better on a highly structured plan so that I don't have the temptation to add "extras" in there. It's when I'm in the kitchen trying to decide among lots of "choices" that I make poor decisions.

*pffffffwwwwwww* Blows dust off of log.

7:30 AM
Protein Shake, 1 scoop
3/4 c. Oatmeal w/ Splenda & Cinnamon

8:20 AM
WORKOUT: Back & Bi's.

11:00 AM
5 ozs. Chix Breast
2 TBSP Picante Sauce
1/2 c. Green Beans
2 TBSP ANPB

1:30 PM
Protein Smoothie: 1/2 serving Vanilla Protein Mix, 1/3 c. Berry Medley (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, red raspberries)

3:30 PM
3 HB egg whites
I meant to eat Chix and a veggie here... but my throat just closed up at the thought of another Chix breast. I sure do wish there were more sources of protein that I liked... LOL.

5:30 PM
Pumpkin Spice Frappuchino. This seemed like a safe choice, since it's basically a cold coffee with pumpkin spice blended in... but holy hell the fat and carbs on this thing were OFF THE CHART. I asked for the nutrition info before I ordered, but the guy didn't know where they kept it, so I couldn't check until I had gotten home.

7:00 PM
4 ozs Chix Breast w/ low cal sesame dressing
1/2 c. broccoli
1/4 c. green beans

I hear you girl. I don't know how some people can eat the same thing over and over. The thought of 5 chix breasts sitting in my fridge waiting to be cooked sends chills down my spine. But, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do - even if it is gaggin down MORE chicken. :worried:

Last edited:
playmatesky said:
HOw about a 40/30/30 sweetheart?

I like to keep my protein at 1.5 g/ lb and with my cals at 10x my bodyweight, that puts my protein at about 60%.

Also... I have to limit my choices on food. If I go with something as wide as 40/30/30 I'll end up stuffing my piehole with nuttin' but crap. I did really good while carb cycling on getting all of the processed foods out of my diet.

I'm thinking about doing a 60/20/20 split which will give me about 70 g of carbs a day. I can do that for like 3 days and then do one day of 40/30/30. I'm just not sure if there is even any benefit to a cycle like that.

Personally the variation between 60/20/20 and then 40/30/30 would just be to much guess work all the time. But changing things up on the other hand is also good to keep your body guessing. I would just become to frustrated. And...then...maybe one will work while to other isnt really working and if you are doing both you wont know which one is working. lol just my two cents. Yikes!

GOALS:

**October Monthly Goal**

2 cheat meals - one on the 15th, and candy on the 31st.

Decrease bodyfat from current 21.4% to at least 18.5% by 10/31/05.

PWO cardio on Mon/Wed/Thurs - 30 minute minimum. Change up of cardio routine every two weeks.

**Intermediate Range Goals - thru December 31, 2005**

Flat tummy. I want to look down and see the floor, not the little ethiopian swell in my mid-section.

Bodyfat goal - 15%.

No more than 3 cheat days each for the month of November and December - holiday's included.

**Long Range Goals - thru December 31, 2006**

Maintain low bodyfat, no more than 15%.

Iffy goal - maybe do a figure competition... depending on cost.

LOW CARB DAY

8:30 AM
Protein Shake, 2 scoops
1/2 c. Oatmeal w/ Slepnda & Cinnamon

9:15 AM - WORKOUT
Legs: Squats, Lunges, HackSlide, Leg Press, Standing Calf Raise. (I need to revamp my leg workout. After I finish squats -I get bored with the rest.)

11:00 AM
RTD Protein Drink

12:15 PM
4 ozs Salmon, baked
1/5 c. Boiled Cabbage

4:20 PM
Protein Shake, 1 scoop
1 slice Whole Wheat Bread
1 TBSP PUMPKIN BUTTER. YUMMMMMMMM!

6:00 PM
8 ozs. Snapper
1/2 c. Spinach

The snapper marinade was delicious. It has: olive oil, lemon juice, white wine, garlic, pepper, basil, tarragon, and chives)

I meant to eat one more time, but my baby had a fever all night and wasn't sleeping well. I ended up laying down with him patting him off and on all night. :(

Total: 1307 g
Fat: 36g 323cals 26%
Carbs: 77g 242cals 20%
Protein: 168g 672cals 54%

Last edited:
Nice goals! Can you do just 2 cheat meals in a month? If you can, that's awesome! I think I would need one a week - just me though!

ScorpioGirl said:
Nice goals! Can you do just 2 cheat meals in a month? If you can, that's awesome! I think I would need one a week - just me though!

LOL. We'll see. It's a goal, not an absolute at this point.

Top Bottom