Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What doses top pros used in the 70s?

Guvna said:
i really wish you would not speculate. Tren was not around then.

Also, Arnie never had gyno, or really any other high estro signs for that matter. 160mgs of dbol a day? I think not. In fact, Franco is the only 70's guy that I have ever seen with gyno......and that was in the 80's. You can see pics today with pretty much every top pro having gyno sometime or another in their carreer. I don't think the pros have become genetically resistant to gyno in the last 30 years, do you?

I think some of you want to justify why your looks cant compared to them by simply saying how much more drugs they use. Not dissimilar to what fat lards do to the rest of us bodybuilders when they are jealous. Some of you 1.5 + gramers dont want to admit that there is a very good chance you are taking more drugs than Sergio Olivia ever did, but don't look even close to him.

Rememer, these guys have fantastic genetics, they worked out like it was their 9-5 job (which it was), and most trained every muscle at least 3 times a week. How many do that now? None. How many can do that now and not overtrain? Not very many.

Sure they used drugs. It was probably more than they admit to, but it didnt look like today's pros.
bro, last time i checked you could say anything you wanted on here. and speculating would be like me saying something like" you smoke sausage". and to inform you that you're not the only one on here that knows anything about the early years. i worked for the 1979 aau mr. america for 2 years back in 88. and during that time i learned alot. enough to know that the pros used more than just 500mg/wk of any compound. and if you think that the so called 1.5 gramers are taking more than sergio ever did. then you've got to be more stupid than you sound. wake the fuck up.

Last edited:
Saying if Arnold juiced like Coleman he would be better is just wrong. More is not always better. Look at Franco in 1981. He had signs of gyno and my guess he was probably taking more. Still looked the same, just got more sides.

Common sense will tell you that Arnold and everyone else from then is lying about what they took. Of course they had great genetics. I don't have anywhere near Arnold's genetics and I'm not afraid to admit it. How many people do? I don't have the genetics to be a pro either. It doesn't matter. What we are all saying is that they took a lot more than they will admit. It's the same with today's pros. They will never tell you exactly how much they took. Look at what Flex Wheeler said in the interview in MD a couple months ago. He said that he only took 3 susts a week when he moved to LA. Yeah, ok... :rolleyes:. And then he turned around and said that he didn't want to discuss doses because he didn't want anyone emulating him. I also agree with what Tux said. I've been saying that for years. Arnold's personality is a whatever it takes to win attitude. So he would take more, not less, just to be sure that he won.

riverrock said:
If you honestly believe that Arnold only took 3 tablets a day, they you probably believe he took 400mg of Primo a week for finishing purposes immediately before a competition as well. He tried to spin that nonsence a few years ago when he was entering politics to justify his "minor" use

He didn't say that's what he took. He used that as an example of how open it was back then. He said that it was very open back then and you would just ask someone what they were taking. He used "thres d-bol a day" as an example of a reply to the question.

A big problem with this kind of inquiry is human beings want others to be like them. Especially those that we admire. A lot of people today say because Sergio or Arnold or who ever is bigger then me they must be doing more then me. But genetics has a huge effect but more over the food we have today is not the same as back in the 50's 60's and 70's. What we eat today has been genetically altered to have better eye appeal, better shelf life and better transportation ability. Notice there is nothing about nutrition in this. I remember the quality of the food when I was a kid. Today we have a lot of synthetic chemicals as flavorings that are use to make up for the bland taste of the crap we eat. I know that nobody here eats McDonald's fries but they used to be really good. Because they were cooked in Beef Tallow. But that was more expensive the Palm Kernel oil so McDonald's change to Palm Kernel oil and added some synthetic flavorings. I know what they used to taste like and they taste like shit now. Everything we eat is like that. It's a huge problem. Today the focus is on Corn Syrup but it's not just Corn Syrup it's everything.

I used to work at a USDA lab. You wouldn't believe the things they do there that ends up on your table as food.

bigtravis said:
bro, last time i checked you could say anything you wanted on here. and speculating would be like me saying something like" you smoke sausage".

Fine. Believe all you want that they had tren, and that I "smoke sausage" for that matter. :rolleyes:

didn't say they had tren. but i did say you smoked sausage. if you'd of had a better tone towards others in your statment arnold or whoever you want us to think you are. i probably wouldn't have said it.

bigtravis said:
didn't say they had tren.

bigtravis said:
gonna take a guess and say an average bulk run of test, deca, and d-bol woulda looked like this.
test. 2000mg./wk
deca. 700mg./wk
d-bol 100mg./day

parabolan maybe ran at about 532mg/week or 76mg./day

damn, I must have read incorrectly, you think? This is how interent rumors get started, and THAT is what i was trying to prevent.

bigtravis said:
but i did say you smoked sausage. if you'd of had a better tone towards others

It is not my fault you are offended by facts, and my matter-of-factly manner. But, I see that you are very defensive about it. If you think I had an "internet tone," I'm sorry. However, they did not have tren, you made stuff up, todays pros use more than those of yesteryear, and I dont like to see interent rumors get made, or propogate.

Top Bottom