Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What doses top pros used in the 70s?

riverrock said:
Thats something that has often baffled me is why nobody has ever written an explosive book on Arnold's life yet. His steroids use would take up a full chapter in itself.

There's no point waiting for his autobiography. Most autobiographies are as biased as hell. I read Formula 1 Micheal Schumacher's Autobiography and it might as well have been written by his mother it praised him so much!!!
he's not dead yet, that's why.

bigtravis said:
gonna take a guess and say an average bulk run of test, deca, and d-bol woulda looked like this.
test. 2000mg./wk
deca. 700mg./wk
d-bol 100mg./day

parabolan maybe ran at about 532mg/week or 76mg./day

I was around in the 80's and that's wayyyy off even for then.

Too high. I went to a Tom Platz seminar in 1986 and right off the bat he was like ask me anything. He took 200mg/day of various stuff; loved injectable Dbol which was human grade back then; injectable winny (tabs only came in 2mg back then) thiomucase (not a steroid). can't recall but it was either 2 weeks on/2 weeks off or 6 weeks on/6 weeks off year round unless there was a show coming then he stayed on. The only thing he wouldn't do was list a full cycle because he didn't want idiots running out and copying it blindly. At the time I was stunned by that amount and it's part of the reason I stopped training seriously. My cycles were 200-300mg/week and I couldn't picture myself going that high ever.

Dial-Tone: So maybe the people who said that Arnold was on 800mg a week of Primo and 160mg of Dianabol a day only weren't too far out at all?

But surely Arnold wouldn't have passed up the chance to use a very high dosage of test and deca. That is why I was agreeing with bigtravis

Arnold did whatever it took to win. Exact dosages, I don't know, I wasn't around then, but he would not leave anything to chance, especially taking too FEW mg's of gear. I've heard many times he took dbol like candy, and seen him bloated as hell in some off-season pics. I think he used quite a bit more than 3 dbol/day. 10-20/day more like it.

Prizz said:
3 Dbol per day? Yeah, those were the 100mg versions... I'm sure most of them did alot of Parabolan pre contest.... One thing I did hear is that Arnold did alot of GH for 1981 olympia, or was it 1980? Anyway, if one of those 70's BB's that trained in Venice with Arnold wrote a book about the topic, they'd make some cash.... Someone should call Dave Draper or Frank Zane and give them that idea.... lol..

rizz

80 was his last one and my opinion is that was his worst contest.
i dont really think he was playing with GH he already new what worked for him.

if they were takeing whole bottles a day you would see some sighns of gyno
on some of them.. 3 d-bol a day and some promo..

but who knows..

I was there.

In the beginning, there were very few "roids" to chose from. dbol was indeed the Breakfast of Champions. There was no big deal getting them and a lot of ignorance about proper use. Made in the USA.

One Christian Mr. O looked me in the face after watching some guys on stage around 1975 and remarked ... "I used about 6 mgs a day and was scared. These guys are using hundreds a week. I'm surprised they aren't dead."

Very, very few used large loads in the 60's because there was a fear of cancer.

I remember when injectable deca first came along in the Detroit area ... about 1970. A certain future Mr. O and a future Mr. World (deceased) split a package of deca in front of us and injected. I'm quessing about 250 mg.

No science at all! Just an overwhelming desire to be big and win titles.

bigtravis said:
gonna take a guess and say an average bulk run of test, deca, and d-bol woulda looked like this.
test. 2000mg./wk
deca. 700mg./wk
d-bol 100mg./day

parabolan maybe ran at about 532mg/week or 76mg./day

i really wish you would not speculate. Tren was not around then.

Also, Arnie never had gyno, or really any other high estro signs for that matter. 160mgs of dbol a day? I think not. In fact, Franco is the only 70's guy that I have ever seen with gyno......and that was in the 80's. You can see pics today with pretty much every top pro having gyno sometime or another in their carreer. I don't think the pros have become genetically resistant to gyno in the last 30 years, do you?

I think some of you want to justify why your looks cant compared to them by simply saying how much more drugs they use. Not dissimilar to what fat lards do to the rest of us bodybuilders when they are jealous. Some of you 1.5 + gramers dont want to admit that there is a very good chance you are taking more drugs than Sergio Olivia ever did, but don't look even close to him.

Rememer, these guys have fantastic genetics, they worked out like it was their 9-5 job (which it was), and most trained every muscle at least 3 times a week. How many do that now? None. How many can do that now and not overtrain? Not very many.

Sure they used drugs. It was probably more than they admit to, but it didnt look like today's pros.

...also, has anyone ever even hear the word "test" before 1975? I am very interested to know when testosterone was first used by the BBing community. If it was there, I have never heard any of the older guys write/talk about it. It was always dbol/deca/primo/winstrol.

Top Bottom