Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rugby+bodybuilding

Re: superbabe spoeaks of...

rugger said:
...Collegiate Rugby in the US, I bet. It's the same as a frat with balls.

That is all most americans know of rugby.

I play D2 Mens in the US and drinking is still very much a part of the sport, however, things are changing as we try to get the "soccer mom" appeal (read: financial backing).

I can say in aspects of strength, talent, athletism, HEART, cardio, etc, ruggers are far more fit than any other athletes I can imagine. No other sport demands as much.
I am talking SPORT-long distance running is not a sport, it's complete destruction of the body.

Rugby Forwards (I am a hooker) are the fittest beings on earth!

Wooooo there. I play Outside Centre and Fullback and I have to say that fullback is just as hard, if not more.

Re: Rugby Workout

rugger88 said:
I play D1 Rugby and am still searching for the perfect balance of bodybuilding and true "Rugby Shape". As you know rugby DEMANDS endurance. Trying to bodybuild and stay in rugby cardio shape absolutely sucks. One thing is build mass during the offseason by heavy lifting and of course running 2-3 times a week for a few miles. Two months out from season start working reps more with lighter weight and running more. During season lift to maintain. Good Luck!!!! Also different positions on the field demand different things --- forwards need more power, backs need more speed and agility.

Where do you play???
I'm D1 too. Texas baby.

Forgot this. Forwards need more power, and backs just need speed and agility???!?!?!?!?

What about the Centres. There always the backs pounding it up the line and taking/giving the hits.
And fullbacks, ya, most of their tackles are at full speed, that doesn't require maximum power???

cheers

All rugby players need power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have played hocker(when very young), flanker, center and wing.

The biggest hits are inthe center, you get big, strong guys running full speed at you...in forward play you get big, slower guys running over much shorter distances at you...the hits are big, but centers are the king of hits and hard tackles!

WPH

I disagree. Flankers make the biggest hits on the centers that break through the line. I prop, so I don't even think I'm biased. Season starts next weekend for me. My schedule for season is:

Mon Chest Calves
Tues Training > Back Bi's after
Wed Shoulders Tri's
Thur Training
Fri off
Sat games
Sun legs @ night
*also throw in cleans once a week whenever I can

you're going to find it hard going to do legs the day after a game.
My legs kill after a game, and ache even more the day after!

I have played flanker, hooker, center and winger.....center tackles are by far the hardest hitting....more space for back row players to run at you, oppositte number has alot of room to bulid up speed...

use your head on the thigh - brings down the biggest man with ease!

Something I used a lot in my highschool rugby days as a hitman winger ;)

Its funny becuase here I was a winger taking out forwards left right and centre :p

i really need to know what to do here

on season rugby goes from mon-fri, usually with 2 games/week and the rest are practices, the practices are basically 1-2 hours of non stop balls out running and hitting. my coach is a psycho when it comes to fitness cause thats what gives our team the edge over the others. i was never really into bodybuilding before but for next season i wanna prevent any muscle loss from the crazy sprinting i have to do but not get too fat. im planning to bump in a couple more calories but am still lookin for a good split to go along with it. any ideas?

basically mon-fri on evenings and some mornings i have rugby so i need to get a good split around that. i dont wanna have rugby hurt my lifting or vice versa

Top Bottom