Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rugby+bodybuilding

superbabe spoeaks of...

...Collegiate Rugby in the US, I bet. It's the same as a frat with balls.

That is all most americans know of rugby.

I play D2 Mens in the US and drinking is still very much a part of the sport, however, things are changing as we try to get the "soccer mom" appeal (read: financial backing).

I can say in aspects of strength, talent, athletism, HEART, cardio, etc, ruggers are far more fit than any other athletes I can imagine. No other sport demands as much.
I am talking SPORT-long distance running is not a sport, it's complete destruction of the body.

Rugby Forwards (I am a hooker) are the fittest beings on earth!

Now, if you have plenty of mass and in no need of bulking, go for it! The change will do you good, work the heart and lungs, while strengthening the tendons and such.

Good Luck and let us know what happens!

Rugger

do explosive and core lifts only

i would suggest 2 days core 2 days explosive

explosive- cleans, snatches, push\powerpress
core- bench squat deadlifts ETC then maybe 1 complementary exercise per body part- shoulder press, tri extensions, pullups or pulldowns and curls

for running- plyometrics speed training and lots of endurance.
long and short sprints, explosive jumps bounding etc

as a young girl I was captian of the boys rugby...I think Rugby is in the heart not in the gut. Rugby is the most soul destroying sport if your soul is not in it but if it is...by god it gives you everything a man neads (yes, I will kick Mr Gracies poultry flesh). It is not about great bodybuilding vs great rugby..a great MAN knows what to choose but to do both is a matter of diet and the secret here is clear..muscles tears fater than fat and fat is an art form...so wher si that fucking beer?

I do 3 sessions a week during the season, and 4 when off season. My club still trains over the summer though.
In the weights sessions i do cleans, deadlifts, barbell rowing, push presses and shrugs. IN the other i do squats, bench pressing, tricep dips and close grip bench pressing.
On the last weights day, i do what evr i feel like, usually more benching and squats.

I play number 8 at the moment and am gaining well.
my bench is 130 kg, my deadlift is 190 kg and i can squat 175 kg.

Rugby is the best, and HARDEST sport on earth.
The second being rugby league, now those guys now how to hit.
Did any of you see that scott gibbs program on BBC 2 a couple of weeks ago?

Wow, kracker impressive stuff pal.
How old are you?

I am 18, i bench 80kg.....i dont know what my best dead or squat is, i dont do reps below 8 on sqauts and dont always deadlift, i dont really do them much really.
well, i just started doing a 'back combo' that consists of 6 deadlifts, 6 barbell rows and 6 shrugs all in the same set and weight....good stuff!
:)

yeah, i saw the gibbsy doc, good stuff!
I play center and i think he is a great example for all players and other sports men alike...he rules!
shame he has retiered from the international game now :(
I still watch him though, i live in swansea and have a season ticket, so when i am not playing, i go and watch.

COME ON THE WHITES!

wellsh
I think your best bet is Deca or Equi cause of all that abuse. I tore my hammy the second day of double days cause i was running Fina and Test with not enough eq. I'd say hit the deca hard, cause if your gonna drink you don't want anything harder than deca (ie test dbol drol) your in england get some norman hellas andd hit it up. All the guys on my team do all that core power stuff. Id say hit it like a bber on the weights and the Deca and cleans are good to avoid hammy tears 20/20 hindsight.

Top Bottom