Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rugby+bodybuilding

Well, i am lifting twice a week now.
Doing one fittness session with the team and a skills session plus a game a week, so things are quite hard going.

I am eating more to try to gain some weight. Started creatine to add power,speed, strength and weight.

I dont wanna take steroids!!!!

Yeah, alot of the guys i play against are on them and it shows with the tackels they put in, but i am holding my own and consider myself to be a hard hitting tackler.

I am currently doing cleans, squats, bench, shoulder press, rows, pushdowns and forearm work. I have started doing some extra neck exercies to prevent injury and thicken up that area(i think it looks intimadating...big neck+traps=dont fuck with me!)

CHEERS GUYS, KEEP THE REPLYS COMING!

I play, i dont use steroids. But since the game has gone pro, alot of people now do, i dont understand why they dont drug test!!!!

Rugby Workout

I play D1 Rugby and am still searching for the perfect balance of bodybuilding and true "Rugby Shape". As you know rugby DEMANDS endurance. Trying to bodybuild and stay in rugby cardio shape absolutely sucks. One thing is build mass during the offseason by heavy lifting and of course running 2-3 times a week for a few miles. Two months out from season start working reps more with lighter weight and running more. During season lift to maintain. Good Luck!!!! Also different positions on the field demand different things --- forwards need more power, backs need more speed and agility.

I play football and its a pretty tuff and a violent sport/.. but i dont think i would ever play rugby...u guys r crazy...

give u lots of credit

i posted early, for am sport like rugby u just build power, and power endurance.

haha, are we crazy?
Football is pretty mad at times...way too much padding though!

It is hard to build mass during the on season. I tend to stick with powerlifting style exersices and 'quick' or olympic lifts. These two styles of training build far more power and strength than some girly isolation bodybuilding exercise will.

Rugger88, where do you play(team and position?)

I play in a local Swansea team at center.

Bodybuilding and Rugby go together just fine as long as you don't workout the day before a game, or the day after a game (you shouldn't be able to move the day after):D

Natymike said:
Bodybuilding and Rugby go together just fine as long as you don't workout the day before a game, or the day after a game (you shouldn't be able to move the day after):D

yeah true, i can move much, well i can drive home.....but can't move the day after.

I work out 2-3 times a week during season. Generally on Mon, I do Chest and back.

On Wed., ill do my power day-
4-5 sets cleans
3-5 sets deads
2-5 sets full squats

On Fri, ill hit arms and shoulders.

We play on Sat.
Practice Tues, Thurs.

my team- www.backbayrfc.com

I have changed my routine a little now, and it is going quite well:

Monday:

back, shoulders and legs

thuesday: