Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quarter Squat Olympics!

Sebass67

OK. Today was hilarious...we had some guys come from some sort of track team. There were three of them and they were all enthusiastic and all that shibazz. These guys were wearing like tight spandex shorts and each one looked like they were a longer distance runner. So they are doing their squats. This one dude puts 455 on the bar jumps up and down and does what is barely even a quarter squat for 2...i mean ass out and back...that's it.
His friends are looking at the guy like a GOD.

Pathetic.

Anyhow, i am sitting there doing snatches and i am like fuck this...
Grab a squat rack...it's not a big gym and proceed to do exactly the same weight he was doing with the same ROM. Wow, that was the easiest squat i ever did in my life.

Sometimes i just have to give a guy a hint. But when supposed track and field athletes don't know how to do a full squat ....

I just gotta shake my head...How does a competitive runner not know how to train in a gym? This is insane!

Pretty typical. Most people in my gym dont get anywhere near 90 degrees. I do full squats, i.e. butt as low as I can go, and people are amazed. By the third set I get comments like, are you going to go all the way down with that?

I only see about 2-3 people squat in my gym each month(horrible form) and never seen anyone do deads. I squat to parallel or slightly below BTW.

hardrock, now that you mention it, there are more women than men in my gym who do deadlifts. Though, they always get the 20 or 30 lbs prefab barbells and dont really work at it.

I squat to just before 90 degrees....do any of your guys have problems because of your height?

I'm 6'4 and my squat has always lagged. Just always so nervous to go heavy.

stupid squat

I usually hit 90 or go a tad lower.

Bad form is like a disease, it spreads and is rampant. Worst part is, they have no idea they are doing anything wrong.

guards said:
I squat to just before 90 degrees....do any of your guys have problems because of your height?

stupid squat

I am a bit over 6'1" and dont currently have any problems. I hurt my back a few years back carrying bags of concrete mix and had to lay off the squats and deads for a couple of years, for physical thearpy and all. That is why I started doing the full squats, if you go all the way down to where you butt is almost on the floor, you can use less weight but still get a really good workout. Now, I rarely squat over 315-365 but can still get a super workout.

Just make sure you lower the weight if you give this a try. Even 225 this way is much heaver than on normal parrallel, 90 degree squats.

i go to parallel, just about where i feel the stress coming off my quads and being transferred to hams/glutes

i do squats for quads, so that's all i really want to hit

this stuff kills me, and im shocked that no one notices they do this

there was a guy today at the gym who tossed like 370 on the smith machine and was doing 1/4 squats too... i figured no biggy, hes 5'10 ~150lbs, doesnt look like he cares that much... so after like 6 sets of doing those, he proceeds over to the freeweight area where i am at this time too... He then goes directly over to the 110lbs barbell, and starts doing by far the most half-assed bicep curls with it. We're talking throwing his back out HARD and jerking a 3" ROM out of that bad boy...

i dont understand how these ppl arent wondering why they're not growing

guards said:

stupid squat

I'm 6'3" with some long ass legs and I go ass to floor.

Top Bottom