Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid's Log

Monday October 3

Day off work as public holiday

7.00am
1 cup bran ceeal
3/4 cup milk
2 scoops protein powder

8.30am Gym
Chest and Tris and Abs
Incline DB Press
Incline DB Flyes
Machine Chest Press (bench was busy)
DB Tricep Extension
Machine Overhead Tricep Extension
Scissors
Bicycles
Crunches
Tried some push ups - pathetic

9.30am
Protein Shake
14 almonds

12.30pm
4oz tuna
Spinach salad w/tomato, celery, cucumber, peppers
1 tbsp flax oil
1 tbsp balsalmic vinegar

3.00pm
6 egg whites, 1 yolk
2 slices Performax bread

4.30pm
P came home and wanted to go to gym. I was so hungry and tempted to eat that I went with him and did 40 mins steady state cardio on the stationary bike.

6.30pm
1/2 medium chicken breast cooked in 1 tsp olive oil, black pepper
1/2 cup asparagus
2 squares dark chocolate (70% solids)

3 liters water, 2 green tea, olive leaf extract

1566 cals P:42 C:27 F:31 Fibre:23g

Have broken out in facial acne and suffered bad sinus pain this evening.

Tuesday October 4

7.00am
Vinegar drink, flax caps, olive leaf extract
1/2 cup soy linseed cereal
1/2 cup milk
6 egg whites, 1 yolk

10.00am
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp almond butter
Large cup green tea

12.15pm Gym - Legs
6 sets weighted walking lunges
Seated leg press
Calf raises
Stiff legged deadlifts - will change this to back day in future
Stretch
Wobbled out of gym - it was great

1.30pm
Protein Shake made w/
1 cup skim milk
1 tbsp peanut butter

Forget to eat :worried: . Meet a friend for dinner - Japanese

6.30pm
2 cups green tea
4 pork steamed dumplings
About 1 1/2 cups stir fried scallops w/ vegetables
1/2 cup steamed white rice
AND
1 glass red wine

Would have had 2 but no longer than 1 minute after the second glass was poured I spilt it all over myself. Was it a) Mermaid being her usual clumsy self or b) divine intervention/Murphy's Law "no, you're NOT having alcohol, where's your resolve, you weak woman?". Sat in red wine for over half an hour, eventually smelling like a boozy tramp and rendering impossible the ability to remove the lovely pink stain from my favorite white bra.

Goodness, I love myself right now :rolleyes: .

1681 cals P:34 C:26 F:34 A:6 Fiber 9g??? OMG 2 1/2 liters water

LOL @ the boozy tramp comment.

It seems like most of us had a rather tough night last night :rolleyes:

Cheer-up & remember the great workout you had :)

October 5

Thanks Skittles. As I'm keying this, I'm dreaming about your PB and whip cream but I'm also watching Supersize Me so that's a great deterrent except I have pulled out the emergency chocolate stash and nibbling on it bit by bit.

No workout today. I am sore and tired. Feel like my body is changing, like a baby I guess. My food was also a bit erratic and by the evening I was seriously craving carbs.

7.00am
Vinegar drink, 2 flax caps, olive leaf extract

8.30am
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp almond butter
Green tea

12.00pm
1 cup tuna
1 cup spinach salad w/ cucumber, peppers, celery
1/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/4 cup eggplant dip mixed as dressing
6 prunes

3.30pm
Protein shake made w/
1 cup skim milk and
1 cup frozen strawberries;
10 almonds

7.00pm
2 eggs poached (yup, whole eggs)
2 slices Performax bread
2/3 cup baked beans
2 squares dark chocolate

2 liters water, 2 more flax caps

1558 cals P:34 C:36 F:30 Fibre 28g

October 6

6.00am
30 mins Cardio (walk/jog)

7.15am
Vinegar drink, flax caps, olive leaf extract
1/2 cup soy linseed cereal
1 tbsp LSA mix
1/2 cup milk
5 egg whites, 1 yolk

10.00am
Ready made protein drink - iced coffee flavor

12.30pm
3oz canned salmon
2 slices Performax bread
4 prunes
6 almonds

3.00pm
Protein Bar

Colleague invited me over for dinner - I'm going to go, but I know it's a pasta dish. I must be the only person on the planet that doesn't like pasta, so a small portion for me. Also decided that I will NOT have alcohol. :verygood:

The good news: I did not drink alcohol

The bad news: I ate bad

I arrived at my colleague's to a bowl of potato chips. I resisted and resisted, then thought, no, I'll just have one.

Probably had about 3 oz. Damn potatoes.

Sipped on mineral water.

The pasta bake was made with broccoli, bell peppers, onions but a whole bunch of sausage, cheese and BBQ sauce. It was overcooked so the top part was rock hard. Yuck. Did not want to be rude so ate about a cup and a bit. Was offered seconds and politely refused.

Thought it was all over until jello with fruit and icecream appeared on the table, already dished up for me. OMG, the last time I ate that was at my 5th birthday party! I ate the jello, left the icecream.

Wanted to choke on my mineral water.

There was 5 of us there, I was the most in shape by far (so you know how sad that is) and I just kept getting comments like :
"oh, you don't need to be on a diet",
"go on, another helping won't kill you",
"licquor has zero calories so mixed with diet soda you can drink as much as you like and not put on weight"
"oh, you're going to turn into Nicole Richie if you're not careful",
and then when I said I've started to weight train I got the classic "oh be careful you don't bulk up"
but the best one was:
"I patted the sausage so that's taken most of the fat out". WTF??????

I can't even be bothered to put it in Fitday so bugger the macros for today.
I'm pissed because I don't want this to be my cheat meal for the week. And I'm even more pissed because socializing means eating for me. I'm going to have to stop if I have a chance of making this work.

Here endeth my rant.

The Shadow said:
Calorie free alcohol?

SIGN ME UP??

LMAO
^^ ha No shit

Mermaid...darlin... GREAT JOB for not drinking! That is a good thing. Think of it as a lesson learned ... You know now for future reference what to do next time you are in a social situation. At first it seemed quite unfortunate for me because I had to give up my social life for ME to suceed. NOT AT ALL saying you have to do this, but going out for me was full of booze, then shots, pitchers, more shots... THEN came the "Who's going to make the call for some 'party favors' ? " I am not saying I was a participant, but something I did NOT want to be a part of... booze, drugs, fake people, what ever it was...

I completely had to remove myself away from ALL of that, and I did lose many friends in the process. But were they really MY friends to begin with, ya know? When you hang with people who are phucked up all the time or it's not a party without booze, I'm sorry that is way past social drinking and NOT my scene... Been there, done that since I was way too young... blah blah blah.

My point is - there will be sacrifices you have to make, even social ones in order to reach your goals. You want to adopt a new lifestyle that is really going to be quite different from your old one, everything is affected by your change. But it's a good one... it's a healthy one...

I hope you find supportive people 'on the outside' that can relate to us here at EF, and tell you, "Girl you've been so good...don't take that bite... your reward meal is coming up, endulge then..." in face in person, a support system....

For me, I had NONE of that so I totally removed myself from ANY temptation and found my strength within and kicked some major ass.

Here are some things to re-read to help refocus... and remember this is just a bump in the road Mermaid... this journey will be will of them and you will make it just fine. Watch out for them Potholes though... they hurt a little bit more, but you'll make it :)

From Daisy's Intro Sticky - I know it's long, just re-read them really quick :) I do often when I need a push in the right direction :D
"
1) Sacrifice. You will have to forgo that extra dessert, that happy hour indulgence, the sleeping in and skipping the gym. You will likely have to severely limit many of your favorite foods. You may have to give up extra time cuddling on the couch because you have to hit the gym. You will have to spend more time planning meals, preparing meals and carting meals around. Sacrifice is a necessary evil to reaching your goals.

2) Pain. Your body will likely ache. You will wonder why it takes so many muscles to sit on the toilet, get out of bed, or brush your hair. Sometimes, laughing will invoke abdominal spasms. Your brain will try to talk you into skipping workouts because you are too tired. Push through this. Do not ignore INJURY signals, but learn to recognize the difference.

3) Determination. You have to WANT the change. I mean, want it deep down in your soul. Not just want to look better in a bikini. You have to want to make the lifetime change to better yourself. You will likely live and breathe your goal. Everything to do will be centered around reaching this goal. This does not mean you have to ignore or neglect family, friends, and work. But you will have to make some sacrifices for this goal.

4) Research. You have to read everything you can. Spend time going through Elite Fitness, other websites, magazines, research studies, whatever you can get your hands on. This does not mean you have to implement everything you read, but the more you learn, the better prepared you are. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, but also know that YOU have to bear the bulk of the responsibility for finding the information.

5) Action. You have to DO something to make the change. The change will not come through resting on your butt. Obviously, if what you are presently doing is working, you wouldn’t be here asking questions and setting new goals to reach. Reaching a goal will require you to take responsibility for your own actions. You alone are responsible for what goes in your mouth and whether or not you workout. You are the only person that can bring about change. We can give advice all day long, but you have to be open to listening and changing.
"

BTW - I :heart: the quote is your sig :)

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' " - MAR

*Bunny* said:
BTW - I :heart: the quote is your sig :)

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' " - MAR

This and your previous post was awesome. :) The alarm went off at 5.30am so I could get up and cardio, but I thought, nah, another missed day won't hurt. So couldn't sleep, logged on and read your post. It was like a slap round the face so I pulled on the shorts and went out.

So thank you, thank you, thank you, lady :heart: Back on track.

Top Bottom