Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid's Log

Marketing is great, it's just that the product falls apart upon installation. Crap R&D. Arguing with the brass because of this. I have trouble because a) I'm an accountant and b) I have a vagina (sorry) so what do I know?

If they don't value your opinion and input, why do they expect you to waste your time with them in 7 HOUR MEETINGS? I'm sure you have other things you could be doing for them that they would appreciate - like CLEANING those floors...since most penis people don't know how to!! lol (sorry guys)

But seriously....it really doesn't make sense for them to discount your input if they've requested your presence?!?!?!. :scratchingmyhead:

So, did you make it through Pumping Iron? lol

ScorpioGirl said:
So, did you make it through Pumping Iron? lol
My friend (& previous Training Partner) can and has held a conversation while impersonating Arnold... to a friggin 'T' ...

It is the funniest thing ... he also does a good Deniro and will often be in character (or switching to about 5 others) through the course of a meal or training session... while reciting that whole friggin movie...

Since our schedules are conflicting and don't really get to w/o, I no longer have to wear a diaper anymore (or earplugs) :D ... :rolleyes:

*Bunny* said:
My friend (& previous Training Partner) can and has held a conversation while impersonating Arnold... to a friggin 'T' ...

It is the funniest thing ... he also does a good Deniro and will often be in character (or switching to about 5 others) through the course of a meal or training session... while reciting that whole friggin movie...

Since our schedules are conflicting and don't really get to w/o, I no longer have to wear a diaper anymore (or earplugs) :D ... :rolleyes:

LOL At least you know if you work out with him your never bored!!! LOL

momsgettinfit said:
LOL At least you know if you work out with him your never bored!!! LOL
The good thing is all kidding aside, we can get some serious training done...there is another guy (who is also a trainer at my gym) who can recite any Chris Farley Movie word for word... (amongst others Farley-like). He even mimics every skit he's done, Tommy Boy, etc... This always reminds me of him too...
e68w1k.gif

So when he's down in the weight room with us, I have to relocate. If I'm training alone, I'll enjoy the ab workout from busting a gut as well as the glute workout from laughing my ass off :D

LOL, ladies.

No, I fell asleep on the sofa as expected. Woke up to Raw Iron - the making of Pumping Iron. :rolleyes: Went to bed and an extremely large (cartoon like) Arnie was in my dream.

Have woken up this morning and feel dreadful, like I've been poisoned. Makes a cheatmeal/alcohol very unappealing. Waiting for P to wake up and we'll go to the gym together.

Saturday 1 October

7.30am
1 cup bran cereal
1 cup milk w/ 2 scoops protein powder
1 oz LSA mix

P eventually got up so we went to the gym:

9.00am
Shoulders:
DB Overhead Press
One Arm DB Lateral Raise
DB Bent Over Rear Delt
Barbell Upright Rows
30 mins HIIT cardio on treadmill

I felt like I had a great workout

10.30am
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup blueberries
1 tbsp almond butter

1.30pm
GP (who's into alternative therapies) suggested I have a few sessions of lymph drainage massages to help stop all these illnesses. Managed to get some of the cost covered by insurance which is great. This was my first - I must admit I thought what the hell are you doing? It's a very light touch massage just pressing on all lymph areas. She said I would feel like I was coming down with the flu or something tomorrow. Mmm. We'll see.

2.30pm
3oz salmon
1/2 cup yams
1/2 cup grass-like spinach

5.30pm
8 oz crabmeat
1/2 avocado

I managed to drink a gallon of water for the first time. Very hard going but therapist insisted I do, to help all toxins come out after massage. The funny thing, it actually curbed my appetite and I was just not hungry in the evening. So what do I do? I miss another frickin meal and didn't realise it until I was in bed!

1373 cals P:42 C:27 F:31 Fibre: 20g

mermaid said:
GP (who's into alternative therapies) suggested I have a few sessions of lymph drainage massages to help stop all these illnesses. Managed to get some of the cost covered by insurance which is great. This was my first - I must admit I thought what the hell are you doing? It's a very light touch massage just pressing on all lymph areas. She said I would feel like I was coming down with the flu or something tomorrow. Mmm. We'll see.
Very interested in how this worked for you... :) Please keep me updated...never had this but was def. contemplating...

Sunday October 2

I woke up feeling like I'd had a drink last night. I slept really well but still did not feel right. Got up and did 30 mins cardio on empty stomach at gym with P anyway. My shoulders ached but that was from yesterday's workout but my sinuses were sore and head ached. All day I've had "stuff" running down the back of my throat. I'm putting it down to the massage.

When she did it, a couple of areas were sensitive to her touch, just above the pecs and under the eyes. The area above the pecs house the major lymph gland and my sinuses are a constant issue for me. She said that I was "gritty" under the arms (particularly the left) and in the groin - common areas for toxin build up. Now, I'm really intrigued to see how it goes. Apparently I would need to keep having sessions each week until I feel no major reaction the following day, then to maintain a clean diet/exercise regimen. She also recommended dry skin brushing (long strokes towards the heart) as that helps to move toxins along.

An ex-colleague, and an ex-breast cancer patient, used this therapy to aid her recovery and swore by it. The "gritty" under the arms bit reminded me of her. I'll keep posting my progress.

8.00am
30 mins cardio, empty stomach

9.15am I'm Starvin Marvin
1 cup bran cereal
1oz LSA mix
1 cup skim milk
6 egg whites, 1 yolk

Watched Miss Congeniality 2. Thought it was crap but I swear I'm Gracie, you know, that low maintenance, clumsy type. No, I don't snort.

11.45am
2oz smoked makerel
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup blueberries

Did chores and felt really nauseous. Couldn't eat again until I was better.

4.00pm
Whey protein shake made w/
1 tbsp ANPB
1/2 banana

7.00pm
4oz chicken
1/2 cup spinach
1 cup white potatoes cooked w/ fat - damn, never having a white potato in the house again, I can't trust myself with them :chomp:

Still, haven't wrecked the day too much but low on good fat. I'm also a shocker at taking supplements, I forget about them. Did have some olive leaf extract though to counteract the massage effects, just in case.

1718 cals P:42 C:35 F:23 Fiber:25g

Managed to up the water intake. Getting hotter here so have to.

I really like hearing about people who use alternative medicines. Some of the treatments seem so simple and so much better for your overall health. I'm really interested in how it works for you. Please keep us posted!:)

Top Bottom