Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid's Log

When I say P:51 it means 51% of total calories, trying to get to the 40:30:30 thing. Maybe I should show grams instead.

- Gotcha! Wasn't quite sure.

Oh, I'm pissed off so I just have to vent a little. Just spent 4 hours in another meeting talking about how we can save this business. That's the trouble we spend too much time talking about it. So this goes on over lunch and I miss my planned gym hour - it was going to be shoulders and abs today.

Plus, I'm feeling a bit homesick. My sister is pregnant, her baby due in January and I'm missing her journey to motherhood. Three weeks ago I would have eaten a large packet of chips and drunk a bottle of wine to drown my sorrows. Now, I just feel sad.

Going to bellydancing tonight so will miss the gym for today. I'm not obsessed over this, I'm just really enjoying it. I've not seen too many changes (well, it has only been 2 1/2 weeks) but I am feeling and sleeping better than before.

I LOVE this board, it's awesome. So many more ladies are logging now, we're all at various stages of our goals but that doesn't matter, I love reading everyone's journey and learning from it. This is my new religion!

Nothing like positivity and a good whinge to make you feel better :)

7.00am
1/2 cup bran cereal
1 large tbsp LSA mix
1/2 cup skim milk
6 egg whites, 1 yolk
multivit, flax, kelp

10.30am
canned sardines
2 slices Performax bread

3.00pm
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup blueberries
1 tbsp almond butter

1 liter water, 1 large cup green tea

mermaid said:
Oh, I'm pissed off so I just have to vent a little. Just spent 4 hours in another meeting talking about how we can save this business. That's the trouble we spend too much time talking about it. So this goes on over lunch and I miss my planned gym hour - it was going to be shoulders and abs today.

Plus, I'm feeling a bit homesick. My sister is pregnant, her baby due in January and I'm missing her journey to motherhood. Three weeks ago I would have eaten a large packet of chips and drunk a bottle of wine to drown my sorrows. Now, I just feel sad.

Going to bellydancing tonight so will miss the gym for today. I'm not obsessed over this, I'm just really enjoying it. I've not seen too many changes (well, it has only been 2 1/2 weeks) but I am feeling and sleeping better than before.

I LOVE this board, it's awesome. So many more ladies are logging now, we're all at various stages of our goals but that doesn't matter, I love reading everyone's journey and learning from it. This is my new religion!

Nothing like positivity and a good whinge to make you feel better :)

7.00am
1/2 cup bran cereal
1 large tbsp LSA mix
1/2 cup skim milk
6 egg whites, 1 yolk
multivit, flax, kelp

10.30am
canned sardines
2 slices Performax bread

3.00pm
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup blueberries
1 tbsp almond butter

1 liter water, 1 large cup green tea

6.00pm
1/2 cup canned tuna
1 dried fruit/nut bar

Turn up to class and it's been cancelled. No bellydancing for me tonight. So, we go to the bar instead and I have 1 small glass of red wine :mix:

9.00pm
4oz snapper fillet
1/2 cup cauliflower

More water

1571 cals P:43 C:23 F:29 A:4 Fiber 20g

Thanks Ms B.

September 29

My manager was on site today and I had a 7 hour "meeting" with him. Missed a meal and started to panic - when the hell do I fit it in? Hence my silly question I posted earlier.

6.30am
1/2 cup bran cereal
1/2 cup skim milk
6 egg whites, 1 yolk
Forgot the supps

1.00pm But you know, I wasn't even hungry, too damn angry
3oz pork tenderloin
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup cauliflower

Ate it so quickly, gave myself indigestion

Still arguing with the boss, got to 4pm and all I had under the desk was prunes and pecans so:

4.00pm
1/2 cup prunes (wow, lots of carbs)
10 pecan halves AND he helped himself

8.00pm Finally get home
4 oz salmon
1 cup spinach, cooked from frozen. Tasted and smelled like grass.
3/4 cup sweet potato

I'm just about to go to bed and think I'll have a protein shake and a couple of flax caps or else cals too low.

1438 cals P:39 C:39 F:22 Fiber 19g 2 liters water, 2 large cups green tea

What I've learned today -

Keep ready made protein shakes and bars under desk.
You won't make progress unless you get your ass in the gym.
It's sometimes good to stand up to your manager.

Oh, I'm pissed off so I just have to vent a little. Just spent 4 hours in another meeting talking about how we can save this business. That's the trouble we spend too much time talking about it. So this goes on over lunch and I miss my planned gym hour

I've gone thru the same thing with my business. I've found the only thing that will MY business is - MARKETING!!!!! Got to get the name out there and BRAND the product. Make it better and different. What kind of business is this that you're working so hard on. It does take A LOT of time and dedication and the determination to make it work - kind of like training.

One thing I would make sure of before these meetings, is that these people KNOW that you need to eat. They may think it's stupid - but people who don't share your goals will, most of the time. Take a small cooler in with you and make sure when the three hour mark comes, you don't neglect your goals.

ScorpioGirl said:
I've gone thru the same thing with my business. I've found the only thing that will MY business is - MARKETING!!!!! Got to get the name out there and BRAND the product. Make it better and different. What kind of business is this that you're working so hard on. It does take A LOT of time and dedication and the determination to make it work - kind of like training.

One thing I would make sure of before these meetings, is that these people KNOW that you need to eat. They may think it's stupid - but people who don't share your goals will, most of the time. Take a small cooler in with you and make sure when the three hour mark comes, you don't neglect your goals.

Let me tell you, these people do think it's strange that I've suddenly changed my habits over the past 3 weeks and need to eat regularly. I'm someone who, before, didn't think about looking after myself at all (I remember when living in California, my hairdresser said "honey, you're SO low maintenance"). But now I do and it's hard for my colleagues to accept this. I guess it's their problem not mine. Though to be honest on days like today, it's my problem too.

Anyway, we're a start up business that manufactures timber flooring. Sexy, eh? Marketing is great, it's just that the product falls apart upon installation. Crap R&D. Arguing with the brass because of this. I have trouble because a) I'm an accountant and b) I have a vagina (sorry) so what do I know?

Friday 30 September - Cheat meal day

8.00am
Whey protein shake made w/ water
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp NPB

11.00am
3oz sardines
2 slices Performax bread as sandwich.
Ate in the meeting and got complaints about the smell

1.30pm
Boss realises he's been a bit harsh this week so takes me out for lunch - to a vege restaurant. Thought I'd like it as he's seen me eat prunes, pecans, shakes, sardines etc. But I say, where's the protein? Ungrateful bitch that I am.
1 medium bean and chick pea burrito (no cheese)
1/4 cup guacamole
1/4 cup salsa

Presentation to CEO. I'm asked to make coffee, being the only vag in the room. I miss a meal.

7.00pm
Finally get home. P says I look wasted, do I want to go out for dinner? I ignore Sassy's advice (when missing a meal) and cheat.
3 oysters baked w/ pine nuts and herbs
6oz steak
1/2 potato rosti
1/2 cup spinach
1/8 lemon meringue pie
1 calypso coffee
2 gins

Restaurant overcharges us by $100. Race back to get refund. The nice buzz I had is gone, feel as fat as a fool and go through immense pangs of guilt.

Going to stay up and watch Pumping Iron. No doubt will fall asleep on the sofa.

Cals 2271 P:30 C:24 F:33 A:14 Fibre:29g
Lots of water and green tea.

Happy Friday.

:D
mermaid said:
Friday 30 September - Cheat meal day

8.00am
Whey protein shake made w/ water
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp NPB

11.00am
3oz sardines
2 slices Performax bread as sandwich.
Ate in the meeting and got complaints about the smell

1.30pm
Boss realises he's been a bit harsh this week so takes me out for lunch - to a vege restaurant. Thought I'd like it as he's seen me eat prunes, pecans, shakes, sardines etc. But I say, where's the protein? Ungrateful bitch that I am.
1 medium bean and chick pea burrito (no cheese)
1/4 cup guacamole
1/4 cup salsa

Presentation to CEO. I'm asked to make coffee, being the only vag in the room. I miss a meal.

7.00pm
Finally get home. P says I look wasted, do I want to go out for dinner? I ignore Sassy's advice (when missing a meal) and cheat.
3 oysters baked w/ pine nuts and herbs
6oz steak
1/2 potato rosti
1/2 cup spinach
1/8 lemon meringue pie
1 calypso coffee
2 gins

Restaurant overcharges us by $100. Race back to get refund. The nice buzz I had is gone, feel as fat as a fool and go through immense pangs of guilt.

Going to stay up and watch Pumping Iron. No doubt will fall asleep on the sofa.

Cals 2271 P:30 C:24 F:33 A:14 Fibre:29g
Lots of water and green tea.

Happy Friday.

This just read like a page out of Bridget Jones' diary to me. Your log is entertaining, Mermaid. You have a flair for writing!!

Roonytunes said:
:D

This just read like a page out of Bridget Jones' diary to me. Your log is entertaining, Mermaid. You have a flair for writing!!

LOL - I agree!

hunny, it WAS your cheat day - brush it off & have a good weekend :)

Top Bottom