Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid's Log

Hi Mermaid!!!

Sounds like you have a very interesting life!!! I LOVE flying!!

As I'm going thru your totals for the days you posted, I'm seeing: P C F Fibre. If your keeping your carbs this low on a daily basis, you really need to increase your good fats. Fish oil, flax oil, nuts, etc. You also need to bring your protein up. I think if you're going to do the low carb thing and you try what I've suggested here, you WILL see gains almost immediately.

If you haven't looked at my log, I've got an article on it that talks about good fats. Take a look at it...and you might also do a search on good fats and low carb. It helped me TREMENDOUSLY!! :)

ScorpioGirl said:
Hi Mermaid!!!

Sounds like you have a very interesting life!!! I LOVE flying!!

As I'm going thru your totals for the days you posted, I'm seeing: P C F Fibre. If your keeping your carbs this low on a daily basis, you really need to increase your good fats. Fish oil, flax oil, nuts, etc. You also need to bring your protein up. I think if you're going to do the low carb thing and you try what I've suggested here, you WILL see gains almost immediately.

If you haven't looked at my log, I've got an article on it that talks about good fats. Take a look at it...and you might also do a search on good fats and low carb. It helped me TREMENDOUSLY!! :)

LOL!! Let me tell you, my life sounds a lot more interesting than it actually is!!

I read your journal and the post about fats. I've got a few questions. I thought by following the 40:30:30 rule I would get enough protein. Should I be looking at 130-150g per day? You're right, I'm just about getting in 120g on most days. Plus when I do eat carbs, I try to concentrate on the high fibre grains (cereal/bread) because I tend to have a problem with "number twos" if I don't. Does the fibre affect my carb ratio? ie. make it lower? I'll definitely increase my good fat consumption - just worried about juggling all three macros and still stay within 1550 cals!

I'm still learning. I'm so grateful for your input and advice, thanks Scorpio :)

September 25

8.30am
30 mins cardio (walk/jog)

9.30am
1 cup bran cereal
2/3 cup milk
6 egg white, 1 yolk
vinegar drink, zinc, kelp, flax

12.00pm
7 scallops, cooked in oil (I think) at restaurant
2 cups mixed salad w/ mandarins and japanese dressing
1 small guinness

3.30pm
4 small sardines in tomato
1 slice performax bread

7.00pm
And then I go and ruin a reasonably good day by having 4 slices of thin crust supreme pizza.

1735 cals P:32 C:34 F:29 Alcohol:8 Fibre:18g

I do feel so guilty when I have to log something like that.

Anyway, good news, my husband is going to join me on this quest, saves having to prepare more meals and adds motivation at home. Looking forward to week three. I've decided to take measurements every 4 weeks.

mermaid said:
LOL!! Let me tell you, my life sounds a lot more interesting than it actually is!!

I read your journal and the post about fats. I've got a few questions. I thought by following the 40:30:30 rule I would get enough protein. Should I be looking at 130-150g per day? You're right, I'm just about getting in 120g on most days. Plus when I do eat carbs, I try to concentrate on the high fibre grains (cereal/bread) because I tend to have a problem with "number twos" if I don't. Does the fibre affect my carb ratio? ie. make it lower? I'll definitely increase my good fat consumption - just worried about juggling all three macros and still stay within 1550 cals!

I'm still learning. I'm so grateful for your input and advice, thanks Scorpio :)

OK, I've gone away and done some math. It makes sense now. Shoot for 130 to 150g protein per day, 100g carbs, the rest good fats.

Plus, that pizza I had is NOT settling well. This is the first time in a long time that has happened.

Week Three
September 26

7.00am
1/2 cup bran cereal
1/4 cup LSA mix
1/2 cup skim milk
6 egg whites, 1 yolk
vinegar drink, flax, kelp, zinc

10.00am
1 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup blueberries
1 tbsp almond butter

12.00pm Gym
Lat pulldowns
Low Rows
One arm DB rows
Weight assisted chin ups
Incline DB bicep curls
Concentration curls
Had a bit more time so 15 mins hill walk 15% incline

I HATE biceps

1.30pm
Whey protein shake (ready made)
1 tbsp NPB

5.00pm
Protein Bar

7.30pm
2oz salmon
2oz lean steak
1 cup spinach
1 cup tomatoes
1 cup squash
1/2 tbps olive oil

1557 cals P:43 C:24 F:33 Fibre 17g

Also 2 large cups green tea and 2 liters water. Still need to up the intake.

September 27

I do need to log that I am starting to ache. The legs were pretty bad after last week and the cardio has given me shin splints. Today, the biceps are sore so will be worse tomorrow. Tonight, I went to P's (husband) gym and we did HIIT cardio together. He really pushed me; my last minute was 8mph on 6% and I thought I was going to throw up at the end of it. I still haven't stopped sweating. I am so out of shape. Not complaining though, it's all good.

I'm trying to add more protein to my diet to get the 150g, but typical me, I over do it at the expense of the carbs. Today I'm at 172g protein and only 83g carbs.

7.00am
1/2 cup bran cereal
1 tbsp LSA mix
1/2 cup skim milk
6 egg whites, 1 yolk
zinc, kelp, flax, multivit

10.00am
1 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup blueberries
1 tbsp almond butter
(I love this meal)

1.00pm
1 cup grilled chicken
2 cups mixed salad leaves
1 oz raw peanuts
thai dressing (low fat)

3.30pm
4oz snapper fillet
1/2 cup yams

6.00pm
30 mins HIIT cardio - treadmill

7.00pm
Whey protein shake
made w/ water!! Just tasted like water but that's OK.

2 large cups green tea; 3 liters water

1439 cals P:51 C:19 F:30 Fibre 16g

Sorry I didn't get back to answer your questions. I'm back now!!

When my carbs are low, I use a Fiber Therapy to make sure "things" run properly. You can get backed up pretty easily without some kind of fiber to keep it movin'! lol

Sounds like your on the right track getting the protein up there. I still have that problem myself! I'm reallly bad about getting enough water too. I just HATE water!!! lol

What kind of cardio are you doing that is causing shin splints? If you're running (always give me shin splints), try the stepper or elliptical instead. Shin splints suck! lol There are times when I do bi's that I can't straighten my arm and then there are days that I think I really hit them hard and I don't feel anything :(....but I always try to "make it hurt" - YAH!

So is the above your diet planned out for today? I'm confused about the totals at the bottom, because you said you're at 172 grams of protein already?? I think I missed something.

Also check your sneakers if you're getting frequent shin pain - they may need to be replaced......

ScorpioGirl said:
Sorry I didn't get back to answer your questions. I'm back now!!

When my carbs are low, I use a Fiber Therapy to make sure "things" run properly. You can get backed up pretty easily without some kind of fiber to keep it movin'! lol

Sounds like your on the right track getting the protein up there. I still have that problem myself! I'm reallly bad about getting enough water too. I just HATE water!!! lol

What kind of cardio are you doing that is causing shin splints? If you're running (always give me shin splints), try the stepper or elliptical instead. Shin splints suck! lol There are times when I do bi's that I can't straighten my arm and then there are days that I think I really hit them hard and I don't feel anything :(....but I always try to "make it hurt" - YAH!

So is the above your diet planned out for today? I'm confused about the totals at the bottom, because you said you're at 172 grams of protein already?? I think I missed something.

When I say P:51 it means 51% of total calories, trying to get to the 40:30:30 thing. Maybe I should show grams instead.

mermaid said:
When I say P:51 it means 51% of total calories, trying to get to the 40:30:30 thing. Maybe I should show grams instead.
You can use grams too but def. keep the %'s up there :) Easier for me to understand :verygood:

Top Bottom