Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lee Haney syndrome. HELP! How can I increase my arm size.

• Thread starter Thread starter SSAlexSS
  • Start date Start date
S

SSAlexSS

HELP!

Ok , people this sucks. I can't make my arms any bigger. My chest gets bigger, my legs, my back, my lower , AND MY GLUTES. But I can't get my arms grow any more! And my arms ARE SMALL!

Basicly I look like Lee Haney (muscle wise). Cant get arms any bigger.

The only thing I do for arms are Bench presses and bent over rows (t-bar rows) and sometimes one handed bent over rows. (90 pounds per dumbell) 8 reps.

Any good arm routines? (please no super volume training, I am not Ronnie Coleman)

Thanx!

:xeye:

Is there anything wrong with looking like lee haney? I'm confused, you do know he was Mr. Olympia 8 times riiiiiiigggght.

as far as your arm problem, mostly genetic. If I remember you are very strong, you may want to set aside a separate day in the week to do bi's and tri's together, say with delts.

or if you already do that, just do tri's on chest day and bi's on back day... never the other way around.

maybe actually start working arms instead of back and chest....you know curls etc.? Fine don't do a volume training thing just train ur arms....if ur growing so good than they will grow good too...ur doing bench for chest so why not curls for bi's?

First i would like to say, your one of the smartest mother fuckers out there. Your not caught up on arm routines that grossly over train. i think you are extremely intelligent for not focusing on arms.

Genetically your arms may be small.

My suggestion is every other week, mix in Barbell curls ( 2 hard sets) and weighted dips (2 hard sets) use it sparingly and every other week.

When I finally stopped focusing on my arms, they grew.

Lastly, its a known secret that underhand close grip lat pulldown is a monster exercise for the biceps.

Peace,
Natural - Mike

scotty green said:
have you ever even tried any arm training, like scull crushers and curls if not that may be the problem

To my knowledge Skull Crushers are useless and are horrible for elbows. And i am jnot a fan of curls because so much exercises are like the curls (bent over under hand rows) except they work back muscles too.

Valdez said:
:xeye:

Is there anything wrong with looking like lee haney? I'm confused, you do know he was Mr. Olympia 8 times riiiiiiigggght.

as far as your arm problem, mostly genetic. If I remember you are very strong, you may want to set aside a separate day in the week to do bi's and tri's together, say with delts.

or if you already do that, just do tri's on chest day and bi's on back day... never the other way around.

YES! I can't stand small arms. I mean when someone asks you to flex, WOULD YOU PULL YOUR PANTS
UP AND FLEX YOUR LEGS? Or take off your shirt and do back double bicep pose for back muscles??

NO! people usually flex their arms instead. :(

And i dont have that much mass as Lee haney did. Just his strenths/weaknesses.

I'll try to add another training day where I train arms and see what I get. Hopefully not overtraining.
Does someone know, how big where Lee haney's arms?

natural-mike said:
First i would like to say, your one of the smartest mother fuckers out there. Your not caught up on arm routines that grossly over train. i think you are extremely intelligent for not focusing on arms.

Genetically your arms may be small.

My suggestion is every other week, mix in Barbell curls ( 2 hard sets) and weighted dips (2 hard sets) use it sparingly and every other week.

When I finally stopped focusing on my arms, they grew.

Lastly, its a known secret that underhand close grip lat pulldown is a monster exercise for the biceps.

Peace,
Natural - Mike

Interesting. I'll try that, see if it works.

BTW, do you know how to post pictures in my posts? I try to attach it but it doesnt show up in my text.

ss,i agree that most bicep exercizes use alot of the back especially when going heavy,but i learned a pretty cool exercize from an ex FL pro i used to work out w/.he called them horizontal curls,in case you've never heard of them,you lie on your back in front of a pulley machine ,add a straight or curl bar attachment, feet against the machine and go as heavy as you can,you use no back in this at all,all bicep isolation,i even use an arm blaster,when goin for the final burn,i'd also like to say to natural mike,if he reads this again,over training is a concern,but, to my knowledge there is no pro bodybuilder that i have ever heard of that doesnot include seperate arm training.peace

natural-mike said:

hes not focused on any arm training. indirect work may be fine but once your initial growth stops....train em! not the same volume as a large bodypart, yes, but lower volume...any volume. they require direct work as does any muscle. let me qualify that: unless your genetics have you predisposed for over development. ie mike matarrazzo's calves.

granted, there are some poor excuse for arm routines, those that tend to "hit the muscle from every angle". those are pathetic, but some good solid basics ought to let those arms know they have a purpose besides working part time for your larger muscles.

ps...skull crushers are just fine, if done without an ego. strict muscle control and impeccable form will isolate the tricep. if you take momentum and pressing out of the equation, the poundages come right back into the safe zone.

Top Bottom