Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

King Kong Opening Weekend Gross

Shit, it only made $10,000,000 on Wednesday.

Pokemon had a better Wednesday opening than Kong.

Looks like were all gonna lose.

You never know... this is last week for more schools before Christmas break and students will be studying. (yeah... right.)

Reviews are ranging anywhere from 1.5 to 4 stars (out of five) depending on where you go.

AAP said:
You never know... this is last week for more schools before Christmas break and students will be studying. (yeah... right.)

Reviews are ranging anywhere from 1.5 to 4 stars (out of five) depending on where you go.
Rottentomatos has it at 85%...so basically one of the top 20 reviewed movies of the year.

I factored in the 3 hour running time...ROTK did $35mil on its opening Wednesday, and I think Kong is playing on just a few more screens than ROTK.

I think people were just afraid all the shows were going to be sold out so nobody even bothered going.

75th said:
Rottentomatos has it at 85%...so basically one of the top 20 reviewed movies of the year.

I factored in the 3 hour running time...ROTK did $35mil on its opening Wednesday, and I think Kong is playing on just a few more screens than ROTK.

I think people were just afraid all the shows were going to be sold out so nobody even bothered going.
I think it was 35mil on wed and thrusday

Devastation said:
i'm thinking this movie doesn't make 65 mil the whole 5 days. preliminary reviews say the special effects suck, ala godzilla. and it's NOT forecast to outperform Narnia, which earned 65 mil (in 3 days)

i'd bet the farm on the first option
if i was you peoples i would have listened to this guy^^^

Last edited:
well it only made just under 10 mil opening day so i guess its going to be a low low number. they predict 58 mil total from the weekend. damn dev you were right.

TOTALS TO DATE

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire .. $252.5 million

The Chronicles of Narnia ............. $112.5 million

Walk the Line ......... $ 82.5 million

King Kong ............. $ 66.2 million

this was as of sunday morning. the first option would have missed it then. maybe the 2nd or 3rd option will win, but that's about it i would bet

stupid question here... but killahbee wanted me to ask... what happens if no one wins? do I keep the karma?

Top Bottom