Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have lost 145 lbs. What are your best weight loss tips?

I think its really important to keep in mind that there are no "ONE WAY" to eat. The guidelines we often see on here are coming primarily from a bodybuilding background. Some of the things you often see pulled from a diet are a good mix of fruits & vegetables, particularly fruits. If you are cutting for a specific goal, then cutting out the fruits is probably top of the list because it is a simple sugar and there is definitely not much room for it in a competition diet. However I still do a week long detox diet including a lot of juicing between my competition diets because when you cut out the fruits you also cut out a lot of the good enzymes & things that are included in fruits.

I'm gonna say iam's diet is working for her right now. There may be a point where she may want to make the adjustments or if she really wanted to accelerate results, to go straight to a tight cutting diet. But its not necessary. Might need to jolt the current diet if the rate of loss has stalled, however her body has also gone thru some very radical changes and might want a little time to get reoriented.

Iammotivated said:
I take a one a day vitamin but I think the diet is healthy. What are your concerns?
I was just making sure that you were getting the proper nutritional supplements to add to your diet that you have going on. I was thinking more along the lines of calcium and magnesium because I see that you only eat one calcium meal and it's pretty important to supplement those at a 2 to one ratio in preventing osteoporosis. Of course you are getting your fruits and veggies which are full of vits, minerals, and anti-oxidants. Of course since you are exercising two hours a day that's a lot of wear and tear on your joints. I was just checking there also to see if you were taking a good joint formula to protect them. Glucosamine, MSM, and Chondritin are three joint formulas (sometimes you can find them all in one which is a bit more expensive but they will make a noticeable difference in the creeking and cracking).
Just looking out for your over all well-being that's all. A lot of times people forget those sorts of things. I wasn't talking about fat burners or anything like that. Also, One a Day Vitamin is not the best vitamin as far as absorption goes. You may want to check out a few others. I know I say it again and again that I'm an advocate for GNC's women's and Men's formulas (No I don't work for them either). They just make a really good vitamin they is easily absorbed by the body. The cheaper vitamins like one a day is mostly passed through the system. Do some research on that!

treilin said:
I was just making sure that you were getting the proper nutritional supplements to add to your diet that you have going on. I was thinking more along the lines of calcium and magnesium because I see that you only eat one calcium meal and it's pretty important to supplement those at a 2 to one ratio in preventing osteoporosis. Of course you are getting your fruits and veggies which are full of vits, minerals, and anti-oxidants. Of course since you are exercising two hours a day that's a lot of wear and tear on your joints. I was just checking there also to see if you were taking a good joint formula to protect them. Glucosamine, MSM, and Chondritin are three joint formulas (sometimes you can find them all in one which is a bit more expensive but they will make a noticeable difference in the creeking and cracking).
Just looking out for your over all well-being that's all. A lot of times people forget those sorts of things. I wasn't talking about fat burners or anything like that. Also, One a Day Vitamin is not the best vitamin as far as absorption goes. You may want to check out a few others. I know I say it again and again that I'm an advocate for GNC's women's and Men's formulas (No I don't work for them either). They just make a really good vitamin they is easily absorbed by the body. The cheaper vitamins like one a day is mostly passed through the system. Do some research on that!

THank you treilin I know nothing about vitimans! So what should I take I am totally open to these types of things, I want to learn from people like you who know what they are doing and have experience in this area. There is a GNC right up the street from me lol.

The joint concern is good too becuase I dont want to get to the point where I am in pain. What specifically do you recommend. Like I said I know nothing, I know you mentioned some above but I am thinking which one to take?

I might toss out the idea of a pre-natal vitamin - its basically just more vitamin. Also the joint stuff - l-glutamine is great for overall post-workout recovery - if you mix it into a protein mix or somethign to help wash it down. Glucosamine / chondroitin is the stuff you usually see for joint support, MSM is fantastic as well. Its been a great help w/ my tendonitis over the yrs.

New member weight loss

Well hello,

Ok first post so I am about 164 cm (just under 5'3"), currently weigh about 60 kg (132 lbs), I am under 15% body fat, just started my competition diet, about 5.5 weeks out!
Oh I can sympathise! I have mainly been fit all my life, bit of a chubbette every now and then (but some guys like that cute and curvy thing, (being polite) go figure!)

When I first moved to England I gained nearly 3 stone! Oh yah weird English weight thing, one stone = 14 lbs, so 42 lbs, nearly 20 kg!

You have done really really well, good idea going public to get support!

For weight loss, yes everyone is different depending on their body type. Do you know if you have more of a endomorph, mesomorph or ectomorph body type (prob not ecto as weight GAIN would be difficult)

I have found that taking conjugated linoleic acid has really helped (CLA), as well as alpha lipoic acid (ALA). Also the biggest weight loss will occur when you divide your calories up into 5 or 6 small meals in the day and eat about every 3 hours!!

My avatar is me doing chest (oh my least fav) about 2 nights ago, got up to at least 60 kg (I should really write all this down again, kept records for strength training when I went HEAVY! BEEFCAKE), yah, so last set over 100 lbs, about 6 reps

Iammotivated said:
THank you treilin I know nothing about vitimans! So what should I take I am totally open to these types of things, I want to learn from people like you who know what they are doing and have experience in this area. There is a GNC right up the street from me lol.

The joint concern is good too becuase I dont want to get to the point where I am in pain. What specifically do you recommend. Like I said I know nothing, I know you mentioned some above but I am thinking which one to take?
Personally I have the GNC gold card and the first of the month you get the 15% off discount on top of whatever is on sale, plus the buy one GNC brand get one half off deal.
The joint formula I take is called Triflex from GNC. It has all three things I list and my boyfriend is also taking it and noticed a difference in the past couple of weeks since he started. My knees were horrible when I used to run marathons and when I started supplementing with that, and L-glutamine (which GNC also carries in a non-flavored powder form) the knees just about have stopped cracking! I actually have about 3 or 4 of my friends on both of those two supplements and now and they all love it and have been using it for quite a few years. I'm sure you could get some other brand then GNC... I just don't have any experience with any other brand nor have I done the research on the company.
Calcium and magnesium should be taken together since they work together. GNC also has one of those supplements. If you do buy Calcium make sure to flip it over and see if it includes the magnesium. That lovely tasting Viactiv chew they have out for women is a waste of money. It contains NO magnesium! Women or men 19-50 years of age need 1,000mg of calcium a day taken with 500mg of magnesium.
Here is a calcium calculator:
http://www.calciuminfo.com/calciumcalulator.aspx
I know you eat fruits and veggies.... Even a Vitamin E and Vitamin C supplement taken together will give you a great anti-oxidant combo to better protect you against heart disease and cancer.
A great source of fatty acids you can also ingest: Flaxseed oil (capsules are more expensive), Fish oils, etc... Since they are fat-soluble you should take them with milk, not water or they can't be absorbed. With that said:
Fat soluble vitamins are found in meats, liver, dairy, egg yolks, vegetable seed oils, and leafy green vegetables. Some foods such as milk and margarine are artificially fortified with vitamins A and D. These vitamins are metabolized along with fat in the body and require fat for absorption in the gut. The fat-soluble vitamins may be stored in large amounts, and this gives them the potential to cause toxicity if consumed in high amounts. Deficiencies are rare in adults but may be seen in children. Megadosing of fat soluable vitamins, except where indicated by a medical professional, is potentially dangerous and should be avoided. Two of the fat-soluble vitamins, A and D, have hormone like actions, causing specific cells to increase or decrease the expression of certain genes.

So with that in mind.... I still suggest you to do your own research and figure out what vitamins, minerals, and fats you are consuming in your foods and supplement your diet accordingly. People are funny. They either don't take anything, or they take WAY to much and cause toxicity in their body. Talk with your nutritionist (since you are paying her) and ask her to figure it out!

Iammotivated said:
I love to hear what other people are doing!

I have lost 145 lbs and I have about 50 more to go.

I dont want to bore you will all the boring details so unstead I will leave it open if you want to know anything that i do just ask and I will respond :D

Lets all suppert eachother and have fun!
They're not boring ... spill the beans ... all of them ... Hope much DID you weight?
Details... gimmie 'em :) PLEASE ;)

More muscle

Train with weights quite intensely!! It is REALLY DIFFICULT for women to put on loads and loads of muscle unless they take steroid AND have the freaky genetics!!!!!

THe scale is not always the best thing to go by as muscle weighs more than fat, so I 'track' myself by body fat. My weight keeps going up but my body fat stays about the same, or drops for comps!!!

Top Bottom