Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How I get/Stay Lean

I love this post.

He gave his diet, posted pics to back it up and gave his height! I hate when people don't give their height.

I'm 6 feet tall and my lifetime goal is to get and stay to around 200lbs at under 10%. Now I have a pretty good idea of what it will look like.

Nice work.

-

Like I was saying above, Ive been fat, extremely muscular at 215, and being 180-190ish with abs is just perfect for me. I love working out, but everything in my life except for my bills comes a close second to a hot peice of ass.

I was gonna go a little further in dept to my training.

As for cardio, I like to do 1 hour, I own a life fitness cross trainer, Ive had it for a few years now, its in my basement, in front of it is a Large TV, with digital cable, a dvd player and a stero, I will find ways to make cardio fun. I Try to shoot for 1 hour, but sometimes Im rushed, tired or just dont feel like it so I will cut it short and do HIIT. When I do hit on my cross trainer, I do 1min sprint, 1 low, and sprint to me is 100rpm's, coast at 80-85ish, SO my HIIT goes like this

20 mins
4 Sets of 5 min reps
1 min Sprint
1 min coast
1 min sprint,
1min coast,
1mn sprint,

So I double up on back to back sprints 4 times. At this pace I get 400 cals in 20mins, my heart is pumping.

For my training, I love to get in and get out

My Chest workout on monday was like this 16 sets
4 sets of incline dumbells, going up on weight each set, reps stay above 8
4 sets incline hammer press
Machine Chest press
Machine flys

I rest 30-seconds bewteen sets, and if its ab days I do the abs bewteen sets, its fast, hard and efficent, I can do a whole bodypart in under 30mins. I do this before work every day so I need to be quick.

ncmill

Thanks for the insight. Excellent results as well. My diet/workout/cardio is somewhat similar to yours and as a former fat guy (fatter than you were) who's gotten pretty fit (not quite as fit as you) I'm wondering if I can have your opinion on a few things cardio related.

I'm pretty much a cardio fiend at this point. I bulk up quite easily and have never had problems making strength and muscle gains although I'm obviously not going to make as many as I would if I weren't doing such an incredible amount of cardio. Anyway, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm reaching the point of diminishing returns in that area. I do this cardio routine 5 days a week and it consists of a 30 minute session and a 25 minute session. I burn on average (at 185 lbs) 740-760 in the 30 minute one and 580-620 in the 25 minute one. Obviously, this is very streneous. Do you think this is too much? Its definately a time-kill but I am still making strength gains. I don't know - as a former fat guy I'm ultra paranoid of doing anything that could jeapordize my current level of fitness so as a result I just continually do more, more, more. Do you think its worth it? Do you think going down to 1000 or so cals a day would be disastrous (I remember when that was almost unreachable...)

Other notes: I drink more than you do, never more than once a week but I pretty much go all out when I do and end up eating some nasty shit. I'm ok with this but acknowledge its probably hampering my ability to get as lean as possible even with the insane level of cardio. But other than that I don't cheat at all and never miss workouts. I'm also 'mildly drugged' as you put it, usually 6 months of the year or so but never any steroids. Diet-wise I'm pretty similar except I don't have as much whey and don't do much in the way of post-workout carbs (family is a bunch of carb muching fatasses - I was too and now I'm somewhat afraid of them).

Thanks for any advice you might have.

I agree, I wondered that sometimes, for a month I did 3 days weights, with 1 day 1 hour of cardio and one day of 2hrs of cardio, I think at some point your body just burns what i can and is like I dont care if u do 3 hours we not gonna let any more fat go.

I use the life fitness cross trainer not the bike,

Damn 700 cals in 30mins is amazing, that must be on the treadmill

One session like that a day is plenty.

IF u drink just watch the junk, and if u must drink and eat drunk, make sure you spend 20mins with some hot chicking burning those cals up.

Try some post workout carbs, it helps you recover faster and keep the muscles full. You will see a big diffrience vein wise, and fullnes..

You look great bro! Have you ever juiced?

Looks like there may be a contender for the next "Elite Best Abs Contest." :)

ncmil said:
I agree, I wondered that sometimes, for a month I did 3 days weights, with 1 day 1 hour of cardio and one day of 2hrs of cardio, I think at some point your body just burns what i can and is like I dont care if u do 3 hours we not gonna let any more fat go.

I use the life fitness cross trainer not the bike,

Damn 700 cals in 30mins is amazing, that must be on the treadmill

One session like that a day is plenty.

IF u drink just watch the junk, and if u must drink and eat drunk, make sure you spend 20mins with some hot chicking burning those cals up.

Try some post workout carbs, it helps you recover faster and keep the muscles full. You will see a big diffrience vein wise, and fullnes..

Thanks for the reply. The 700 cal in 30 minutes is on the Life Fitness elliptical trainer. I do 5 minutes at level 18, 5 at 17, 10 at 16, 5 at 15, 3 at 14 and then a 2 minute cooldown. The 25 minute on is the same except I only do 5 minutes at level 16. All-time record for 30 minutes is 787 cal....I guess, who knows how accurate these things really are. I definately couldn't always do that - but I found that similar to weight training that if I made myself work harder every time that I'd get better and better. But at this point I'm not trying to advance beyond what I'm doing. I used to do intervals in 30 seconds full sprints and 30 seconds off but got a bit bored of that and found it was burning me out so I just go a bit slower now but go a level higher. Sprinting on L18 would annhiliate me. I could do 2 30 second bursts at 17 and I'd be pretty wiped.

Whenever I drink I try to go and do a light cardio session the next day - I suspect being slothfully hungover just makes it that much worse. In the summertime I went on long bikerides but now its back inside.

Anyway, will probably continue to wholesale re-evaluate my cardio load. Sometimes as a former fat guy you get paranoid that any letting up is a step back into lardass land. Probably overreacting.

I used to know the feeling but have in been shape for so long now. As long as the legs dont hurt too bad you will be fine. I thought I was hot shit, getting 1100 cals in one hour, or 400 in 20mins.

Is their a prize for best abs in elite fitness?

AS for me juicing, I did 2 amps, and 2 weeks of dbol, started to bloat get pimpled and said screw this.

Top Bottom