Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any serious basketball players - i need advice!!!

Akademik21

I play basketball in the UK but i really want to play Div 2 in the U.S. Basketball in the UK is reaching new high standards but no one lifts!! I realise tho if i wanna come to the states i need to get big!! The thing is i dont wanna be asking people for advice who dont know basketball related training. I need someone whos playing div 1,2, or 3 to help me!!!!

My questions:
1. Off season heavy training - how many sets and reps does should basketball player do

2. Do i need to do weights on my legs and if so what exercises

3. Should i take any supplements, e.g. creatine?

4. This is an important one - when the season is in progress, what % do i decrease my training by. Do i decrease what im lifting or do i decrease the number of sets or reps??

5. How much abdominal work - how many exercises and how many sets and reps

I would be so grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help!

i dont play div 1-2-3 ball but...

you would train like ne other xplosive athlete...

utilize core movements bench,squat, deadlift, pullups, power cleans, abs would b improtant, plyometrics and other explosive and speed drills

off season u would use periodization... base phase about 10 reps, cycle down to a max strength phase 5 reps or less and cycle back and forth intil be fore the season a power phase where u would concentrate on moving the bar as fast as possible to be explosive...

creatine wouldent hert, make sure u keep ur body fat percentage down..eat a clean diet. other supps flax and glutamine, defnitly protein powder

in season maybe lift twice a week not on the day before a game and ur volume and intensity should decrease...

2-3 times a week with abs..leg raises swiss ball crunches, work with a medicine ball etc

hope that helps

r u good enough to play n the states as u call it. how tall r u and call u handle the ball. whats your vertical

I am a white 6' 1" guard......Shooting is my best aspect, good 3pt percentage and i have a good handle....Atheletically i am at a disadvantage to the black atheletes but i can compensate for that in other ways.

black athletes lol
im as white as they get and im 5'9", 5'8" amd iv dunked and hit the back rim when i go up i just got small hands
and iv never takin any drugs and im 15

THRILLER
YOURE 5'8", 15 YEARS OLD, WHITE, AND DUNK A 10 FOOT RIM??? NO OFFENSE BRO BUT THATS REALLY HARD TO BELIEVE.

AKEDEMIK
I'M FRIENDS WITH GERARD KING. HE USED TO PLAY IN THE NBA FOR THE WIZARDS AND A COUPLE OTHER TEAMS. I SOMETIMES WORK OUT WITH HIM. HE WORKS OUT JUST LIKE ME FOR THE MOST PART. HE CURRENTLY ISNT PLAYING THOUGH (EYE INJURY). SO I'M NOT SURE IF HE CHANGES IT UP WHEN HE' PLAYING.

KAYNE

ya well guess what bro i dotn care what you think because i can. not consistanlty but i can and i have. i just play alot. and i got short arms!!!!!

Top Bottom